iPhone 5s Screen Protector's

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Rolosean, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Rolosean macrumors newbie

Does anyone have any idea/insight as to whether current iPhone 5 screen protectors will work with the 5s in light of the new metallic ring around the fingerprint sensor?

2. shleif macrumors newbie

According to BodyGuardz, their screen protectors support both the 5 and the 5S. I think that should hold true with all screen protectors.

3. Iceboie macrumors member

Checkout the Zagg, it looks like its the same one from the previous iPhone 5.

4. Ta0jin macrumors 6502a

From everything I have read the home button on the 5s are the same size (10.6 mm including the metal surrounding ring) as the 5 so all screen protectors won't be a problem. If Spigen is claiming that it will fit then I believe it. They're not gonna lose money and customers by stating it will fit the 5S if it wouldn't.

5. metsjetsfan macrumors 65816

Does that mean that the home button surface area is smaller then? It could be since the sapphire is prob more expensive. Otherwise cant see how current screen protectors fit.

6. Chuchichan macrumors 6502

What about a rear screen protector? With the change in flash, I would think these would be different?

7. Vidd macrumors 6502a

Vidd

Depends on the cut-out size. Some companies are producing new ones just for the 5S.

8. Dtown213 macrumors newbie

I know many people here tend to use the Bodyguardz Pure, but I have also read some good things about the Armorz Stealth Extreme R, so I decided to e-mail them since their website has yet to offer something for the iPhone 5s/5c. I got a reply that they have tested the current model with the iPhone 5s and it works just fine. The rep also mentioned that if there were any concerns about the thickness they are preparing to launch a .2 mm glass protector in about 2 weeks.

Just thought I'd share the info I have received.

9. metsjetsfan macrumors 65816

Anyone try on the 5S yet do exisitng screen protectors work?

10. Holmes093 macrumors 6502

Holmes093

Spigen Glas.t Nano Working Perfectly. Flash and Touch ID are fine:

[​IMG]
    iPhone 5s by Holmes093, on Flickr

11. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

12. metsjetsfan macrumors 65816

Thanks! So i guess the home button is in fact smaller