iPhone 5's screen turns off if not pressed at top

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mrivera11, Aug 12, 2014.

1. mrivera11 macrumors newbie

My iPhone's screen turns off if I do not press it around the top. I have replaced the "Power Mute Volume Button Switch" connector since the "Power Button" stopped working too.

It didn't solve the power button problem nor the screen turning off problem.

Currently, I'm using my phone with a "Binder Clip" (http://getsimplifized.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/binder-clip.jpg) placed at the top. And with the assistant in order to turn off the screen (power button).

Any ideas on what might be causing my problem??

2. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

I am not sure why you would not take it to the Apple store. Not going to click on your site

3. mrivera11 thread starter macrumors newbie

The site is just an image of a binder clip taken straight out of Google Images for reference. No need to click it.

I have not taken it to an Apple Store since it's already out of the 1-year warranty and I'm pretty sure I'll get ripped a new one on their repair fees.

But thanks for the suggestion

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I'd take it in and find out for sure. If they quote you too high of a price, you can simply walk away. Not to mention, they may fix it for free.

5. Givmeabrek macrumors 68040

Givmeabrek

The power button doesn't work and you have to have a big clip on the phone to keep the screen on. It's time to take it to Apple. :eek: