iPhone 5s - Siri Won't Disable on Lock Screen

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Lost Rider, Sep 20, 2013.

1. Lost Rider macrumors member

Lost Rider

After setting up the new 5s I decided I wanted to disable Siri access from the locked screen so I could just push the home button once, holding it for a second to unlock the phone.
    I have turned Siri access off in: Settings > General > Passcode & Fingerprint > "Allow Access When Locked"
    I have also upgraded iOS to 7.0.1
    Siri still activates when pressing the home button when waking up the phone on the locked screen.

Is anyone else seeing this?

2. dotme macrumors 6502a

I think we're all learning as we go :)

I figured out that you can tap (not hold) the home button and just keep your thumb/finger on it after you tap it to get into the phone. Best of both worlds.

Not sure if this really answers your question but it might solve the problem...

3. Lost Rider thread starter macrumors member

Lost Rider

Thanks for the heads up, that method works good.
    I still would like to be able to disable Siri access from the home screen, since there seems to be a bug I hope it gets sorted next update. :D

4. Populus macrumors 6502

Populus

I'm not sure, but I think Siri Settings are not in that route (Settings > General > Passcode & Fingerprint > "Allow Access When Locked").

I don't have an iPhone Siri capable, so I can't tell you where to disable it (maybe in accessibility?) but I'd look over elsewhere in the settings menu. The feature does exist, nevertheless.

Hope you find it :)

5. Lost Rider thread starter macrumors member

Lost Rider

Thank you for the reply.
    At least on my iPhone 5s with iOS 7.0.1 this is where it's at, I searched through all other settings and haven't found anything that would seem to effect this Siri available on locked screen setting issue. No matter which way the slider is selected Siri still activates by pressing the home button on a locked screen.
    Anyone else having this happen?

Here's what I'm seeing:

Attached Files:

6. ponygurl macrumors newbie

I just got my iPhone 5s yesterday and noticed immediately that I was triggering Siri when it was locked.... BUT I had an iPhone 5 that I replaced and had that setting turned off which does work on the 5 but does not on the iPhone 5s! ARGH! My 5s is on 7.0.1 now, setting is off, have turned Siri completely off, rebooted the phone, re-enabled Siri, verified that the setting if off for being able to access while iPhone is locked and got it not to trigger briefly but then picked up phone to unlock and there it was again. Not cool at all. :(

Ann

7. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

When trying to unlock, click the button with your finger, then release (un-click, as it were), but keep your finger on the button.

8. ponygurl macrumors newbie

The trick is that I didn't have to do that on the 5.... While my iPhone 5 is locked I can press the button all day long and Siri won't come on as she shouldn't. But so far Siri is easily triggered on the 5s when it's locked and the setting is turned off. NOT good. With that setting off, I should NOT be able to do it at all.

9. dotme macrumors 6502a

But the setting is to block Siri when "locked" - Not when you hold the home button with the phone "unlocked" (Which it technically is, if you are using TouchID with an authorized print).

Does Siri come up when not using an authorized print? If you hold the home button down on your locked phone with a pencil eraser, does Siri still come up?

If yes, then it's a bug and I'd report it. If not, then I would think Siri *is* blocked when the phone is locked.

10. ponygurl macrumors newbie

Siri was coming up when I did it with an UNAUTHORIZED finger. I was trying to show a coworker how the TouchID didn't unlock with that finger that I hadn't setup and Siri triggered. BUT.... weirdly now.... Siri has gone back to her cave and I've not been able to get her to trigger again. Very odd.... it's definitely buggy.

11. OVERTASK macrumors 6502

OVERTASK

I'v only managed to make it come up with an authorised finger, but if click home again it goes back to the lock screen.

12. YashDinesh macrumors newbie

Guys guys I figured it out!!! Siri only works with ONLY YOUR FINGERPRINT! Use your finger that's not register with the touch ID when your on the lock screen and hold it to try siri!! It won't work if you have the "ALLOW ACCESS WHEN LOCKED" option on accessibility !!'n