iPhone 5s small speaker issue

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jords, Feb 26, 2015.

1. Jords macrumors newbie

I bought my iPhone 5s 5 days ago Andy love the phone so far, I did have a camera problem but I managed to fix that myself with the help of Apple, I mentioned about my speaker, basically while the phone is on mute and say I'm playing music or a game but can't hear it because it's on mute, if I listen closely I can hear a tiny static like sound coming out from the bottom speaker, Apple said it would be best to take It in for them to have a look

Firstly I'm wondering if anyone else has or has had this problem and is there any quick fixes?

Also if I do take it to Apple and It turns out to be a faulty speaker, what would they do? Would they replace the speaker or just replace the phone with a brand new one? And not a refurb because I wouldn't like to get a refurb, it's only small and i do have to put it up close to my ear to hear it but it annoys me because I know it's there

Hope you can help!

2. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

I doubt it is a defective speaker. Many have heard a hissing or static when the phone is silent. The speaker is only allowing you to hear it.

It will likely be a refurb and not a new phone unless you just got it within the last two weeks.

It is like the lottery when you trade.