iPhone 5s stuck on Apple Logo

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TheDeviceUser, Sep 2, 2015.

1. TheDeviceUser macrumors 6502a

I've got an iPhone 5s which is now stuck on the Apple startup logo. I was wondering if the fantastic MacRumors community could help.

I was using my iPhone, closed an app, and then the device froze on the home screen. It eventually restarted and when it turned back on, it was just displaying the Apple boot up screen, then turned off.

Now, I when I boot the phone on, it goes to the screen, and then carries on showing the Apple Logo until it just turns off.

I have tried restoring through iTunes, but it doesn't work.

Can anyone give me any advice?

2. hovscorpion12 macrumors 65816

hovscorpion12

You would need to put your iPhone into DFU mode. It takes a couple of tries. Connect your Phone to iTunes. Press and hold the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button at the same time. After exactly 10 seconds release the Sleep/Wake button. Continue holding the home button until you iTunes pops up a message telling you that it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode. Then you can hit restore and your iPhone will factory restore.

3. TheDeviceUser thread starter macrumors 6502a

I've just done it, something different happened this time so I'll see what happens.

Thank you for replying, I'll let you know what happens! :)

4. TheDeviceUser thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thank you! It's worked!

It took ages, but I just left it and eventually it restored, and gave me the option of restoring from a backup.

Genuinely thought the phone was gone and I was going to have to get a replacement, thank you very much! :)

5. hovscorpion12 macrumors 65816

hovscorpion12