Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mtx4

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 18, 2016
Since few days the reception of my iphone 5s shows a strange behavior.
When I'm at home the lte signal is not stable, in about 30s or 1 minute it can change between 1 and 4 notches, and the average is 2, when in the last year was always 4. This is not normal, the reception can fluctuate but not so much!
This happen only at my home, however around the city the signal is stable but not strong as I remember, is a bit weaker.
Everything is fine with 3G and EDGE, so what is wrong?
Please give me some opinions. Thanks

Last edited:

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
It doesn't sound as if the phone has a problem. It sounds as if the network provider is fiddling around with their network.

senrab

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2010
Maryland
Since few days the reception of my iphone 5s shows a strange behavior.
When I'm at home the lte signal is not stable, in about 30s or 1 minute it can change between 1 and 4 notches, and the average is 2, when in the last year was always 4. This is not normal, the reception can fluctuate but not so much!
This happen only at my home, however around the city the signal is stable but not strong as I remember, is a bit weaker.
Everything is fine with 3G and EDGE, so what is wrong?
Please give me some opinions. Thanks

Are you on AT&T? I have been having similar problems with my 6s. Mostly 1 or 2 bars, even outside. I am missing calls completely (I'll get a voicemail notification an hour after someone called - phone never rings). This has been happening to me for the last few months or so.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.