iPhone 5s suddenly shows white screen with logo

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by royinla14, Oct 16, 2013.

1. royinla14 macrumors regular

Anyone else experienced the phone suddenly goes into the white screen with the black logo as if it reboots but it takes only few seconds and I get back the locked home screen? please advise. thanks

2. EM2013 macrumors 65816

EM2013

This happened only once with me the first day I got it, but it hasn't happened since and it works fine. I wouldn't worry too much unless it continues to happen.

3. joeshmo2010 macrumors 6502a

The phone is respringing the springboard. Means something in the firmware/software cause a "soft reset." Generally a fresh restore would fix that problem, if not, it is likely a hardware problem.

4. Dstopsie macrumors 6502a

I also have had this happen about 3 times when I am trying to unlock my phone with touch I'd.

5. 53kyle macrumors 65816

53kyle

Backup and restore your phone, that usually fixes reboot/respring issues.

6. Clumsyblonde macrumors newbie

I have restored my phone from backup and I am still getting white screen with logo randomly when I open apps

7. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

well then your backup might be corrupt. better to do a fresh restore and set up as new, then sync what you want from your computer back to your phone. if you had this problem before and you just restore from your previous back up. its not going to do anything to fix it.