iPhone 5s Supplies Approaching Demand with 90% Availability in Apple's U.S. Retail Stores

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Nov 26, 2013.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Supplies of the iPhone 5s have been steadily improving since the device's launch two months ago, and according to a new survey by Piper Jaffray analyst Gene Munster, supplies are now approaching demand levels at Apple's U.S. retail stores with 90% of model/location combinations currently showing as available. Munster's survey is a weekly tracker of 60 U.S. stores and has seen significant improvement in iPhone 5s availability from just 31% two weeks ago and a paltry 10% back in early October.

[​IMG]
    While overall iPhone 5s availability of 90% slightly lags that of the iPhone 5 at 95% at this time last year, Munster notes that supplies of the iPhone 5s actually better reflect the current popularity mix of the various carriers, with AT&T and Verizon models seeing almost universal availability and only the less popular Sprint models lagging.

[​IMG]
    Munster's tracker currently omits the just-launched unlocked SIM-free models, as those devices are still showing 1-2 week shipping time and in-store availability is not shared through Apple's online store for those models. Munster appears to have been considering the unsubsidized T-Mobile models as representative of the broader category of unlocked for tracking purposes, as users have found that many of the carrier-specific iPhone 5s models are in fact already unlocked.

Article Link: iPhone 5s Supplies Approaching Demand with 90% Availability in Apple's U.S. Retail Stores

2. Scott6666 macrumors 65816

Scott6666

3. Squilly macrumors 68020

Squilly

Can't believe it took over two months since release to actually stabilize supply/demand. Too long imo.

4. brianvictor7 macrumors 65816

brianvictor7

Just wondering why they don't color code these charts with the dominant color of the carrier? Sprint = Yellow. Verizon = Red, AT&T = Blue. For those that are kind of close they can pick different shades I suppose.

5. wesley96 macrumors 6502

wesley96

6. Bluee macrumors newbie

The unlocked/locked thread in the forum is too confusing.

If you buy a full price 5S from the apple store, it is unlocked?

A friend only confirmed this for T-mobile, but I was wondering if it is the same thing with AT&T?

7. dumastudetto macrumors 68040

It's a success story. So many consumers want to get their hands on the latest cutting edge technology from Apple it's literally impossible to meet demand for months. The problem stretches out further and further with each product launch as more and more people discover how incredible these products are, and have a great desire to upgrade to the latest and greatest.

We should all feel good about being on the winning team.

8. Tankmaze macrumors 68000

Tankmaze

9. jaijaibinx macrumors newbie

My brain is telling me I might as well wait for the next one... but my soul is still longing for one of these badboys...

10. Boatboy24 macrumors 6502a

11. Klae17 macrumors 65816

Klae17

Tim Cook: Incredible. Just incredible. They like us. They really like us. Incredible products. Innovation. Long pause. Incredible.

12. thekeyring macrumors 68040

It's like Apple said "We'll release a phone that everyone can moan about - the 5C - so that the 5S looks even better than it is." :')

13. Thunderhawks Suspended

Didn't you know they were holding them back to make to look as if there was a shortage?

And, there are never any production issues in making millions of pieces in several
    colors and configurations. The stuff is just standing around.

These Apple people really don't know what they are doing.

They'll probably burn all the money they have in the bank next.

Amateurs!

----------

BTW: In my area the 128 GB in slate is not available yet.

Leadtime?

14. eldo33 macrumors regular

lol

i yawn and yawn everytime apple releases something now. seems like they just hold off products so that they make the news as if it is really really popular.

not much innovation for the 5s, 5c, and ipads.