iphone 5s - T-Mobile contract free (US Store)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by freshe, Oct 25, 2013.

1. freshe macrumors regular

Hi

Will these iphones work in europe ? I presume at first they were advertised as unlocked sim free phones and now they're t-mobiles branded.

I want to get myself unlocked iphone 5s in US and bring it back with me to europe not sure if they are going to work with my local network.

Cheers

2. tundotcom macrumors member

If you buy it from T-Mobile, you need to have the phone on their service for 40 days before you can request an unlock.

If you buy the device only from an Apple Store, it will be unlocked.

3. Akack macrumors 6502a

Yes u are right.

You can buy either the ATT, TMobile, or Verizon models at full price DIRECT from Apple store and it will be unlocked. Those three are basically the same phones and even have the same model nber A1533.

When you buy say you want a device only and don't want to sign a contract. Don't mention unlocked or the sales associate will say they don't say unlocked iPhones at this time.

Just double check the cellular frequencies on the A1533 model are compatible with what your service provider uses in your country.

4. rockitdog Suspended

I don't think the Verizon/ Sprint iPhones are the same as the T-Mobile or AT&T versions (both are GSM models). I could be mistake though.

5. CEmajr macrumors 601

Partially right. The Verizon 5S is the same as the AT&T/T-Mobile ones. Sprint is the only oddball this time around.

6. mgb1120 macrumors 6502

Does the t mobile full price direct from apple.com have NFC?