iPhone 5S T-Mobile unlocked?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by macblore1984, Nov 4, 2013.

1. macblore1984 macrumors newbie

Hello,

Sorry if this is a repeated question. I ordered an iPhone 5S -T Mobile from apple.com. It came with a T Mobile nano SIM.

So is this unlocked? I saw earlier posts which mentioned that phones with SIM are locked? IS this true? Do I have to unlock it to use in some other country?

Thanks!

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

If you paid full price for it its unlocked.
    If you bought it under 2 year contract then its locked.

3. Col Ronson macrumors 6502a

yeah you can't buy a tmobile phone under contract, seeing how they don't have contract.

And if you read the OP, he bought it from apple.com. They don't sell tmobile plans on apple.com. All tmobile phones on apple.com are only available full price.

Short answer: YES, your phone is unlocked if you bought the tmobile version on apple.com.

Long answer: any non-sprint phone bought full price on apple.com will be unlocked.

If you don't believe us, you can put in another sim card and/or run an IMEI check online. Google "is my iphone unlocked"

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Oh good.
    Though they do have that 2 year plan where you make payments for the phone on your monthly bill but true, its still not a contract. More like a finance program for the phone.