iPhone 5s Text Messages Alert Not Repeating. Please Help

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Dan50, Jun 1, 2014.

1. Dan50, Jun 1, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2014

Dan50 macrumors regular

I purchased a snap button pouch to put my phone in but I had to pull and force the snap button strap to snap to close. Whenever somebody texts me, it used to repeat after couple mins but now it ONLY repeats sometimes. Other times it's not repeating. What should I do? I'm worried if the small pouch affected it since it was small and didn't fit properly. Also let's say one of my friends texted me then my other friend texted me, I only get text repeat alert from that ONE person only!! What should I do?

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

If you get multiple messages it would likely just repeat the last one. I haven't tried it to verify but it seems like that's how it would work.

3. Dan50 thread starter macrumors regular

It wasn't like this before, usually when I get 2 texts it would beep twice when ever it gives me the second repeated notification. Do you think this might have happened by putting the phone in this case which was quite tight in order to snap it closed. Could have that caused it?

Attached Files:

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

Shouldn't be affected by something like that.

5. Dan50 thread starter macrumors regular

What should be done about this problem? Before this it was working fine.

6. Dan50 thread starter macrumors regular

Should I try to get replacement phone? If u were me what would u do or suggest? It was working fine before until I pushed it to go inside the bag and I don't know if it got compressed.

7. C DM macrumors Westmere

Sounds like you might be better off going to an Apple store and having them take a look at it for you.

8. pltv1046 macrumors newbie

Try this:
    Settings> Notifications Center> Messages> Repeat Alerts: Never/Once/Twice/3x/5x/10x choice

9. Dan50, Jun 3, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2014

Dan50 thread starter macrumors regular

It didn't work.
    I talked to Apple supervisor on the phone and said it ONLY repeat as a reminder for 1 text. Even if somebody text me then send me another text within 10 seconds, while I'm away, it will NOT make more than one beeping sound in a row. Only 1 every couple mins. But I've had replacement iPhones and all of them beeps for reminder for EACH texts I received when I'm away. What should I do?? He said its bit supposed to do that. Restoring on iTunes didn't fix either. It wasn't like this before.

10. Dan50 thread starter macrumors regular

I meant Apple phone support supervisor. I think he's incorrect. I just chose Repeat Twice and all it does is if I get 1 text each from 2 of my friends, it beeps when I get it, it only beep once after couple mins again, then after couple mins it beeps once more again. What it's supposed to do is beep twice for repeat alerts,one from Sam and the other message from Mike) but it's only beeping once and he said it's supposed to be like that. I know that's not true cus I tested it from other 4 people's and it works for theirs. Plus my replacement phones worked for that as well. What should I do? Should I record and send them a video explaining it works for other peoples phone even he said the behavior it's happening for mins is normal?

11. Dan50 thread starter macrumors regular

Also when I get text, it does show up as banner but when I'm away and unless if it's in sleep mode, it doesn't show up message in my notification center. Someone please help what I should do with my problems I'm having.

12. C DM macrumors Westmere

Well, that's how I recall it working and would expect it to work as well. Not quite sure why you might be recalling it working a different way. If this is truly a deal breaker for you, it's hard to really suggest anything aside from either trying to look into jailbreaking somehow to see if there's a tweak offering that type of functionality, or perhaps even consider a different phone, like an Android one, that can offer more control over something like that.

----------

Are you saying that for Messages app you have it enabled to show up a certain number of items in Notification Center along with banners, but when you get new messages aside from banners appearing you don't actually see them in Notification Center?

13. Dan50 thread starter macrumors regular

Yes I see the banners when I get text, but it used to show up on notification center lock screen when I'm not touching my phone even when it's not on sleep mode but all the sudden it doesn't show up on lock screen notification center when I get back to my phone.

14. C DM macrumors Westmere

Are lock screen notifications enabled for Messages in settings for notification center?

15. Dan50 thread starter macrumors regular

Yes it is

16. C DM macrumors Westmere

And you are saying that if the phone is just there while you are not using it and a message comes in the notification for that message doesn't appear on the lock screen?

17. Dan50 thread starter macrumors regular

Correct, when the phones on while iPhone home screen is showing and somebody sends me text, i do see the text banner then disappears then goes to sleep mode (black screen) and when I get to lock screen notification it isn't showing. It only shows if I get it when it's black screen

18. C DM macrumors Westmere

Well lock screen notifications are only for items that you received while the phone was locked. So if you received a notification while the phone was unlocked and saw the banner for it then later when the phone is locked that notification wouldn't be on the lock screen.