iPhone 5S thinks power button is being pressed when it's not...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by todd2000, Aug 4, 2014.

1. todd2000 macrumors 68000

So I first noticed this last night, my phone was on my desk and the screen turned on by itself, then the shutdown dialog came on without me touching the power button. I canceled it and it, unlocked the phone, using the hime button, not power, after a few seconds it shut the display off and the shutdown dialog came up again. Then I was driving today with the phone on the passenger seat, and the display turned itself on again, and started doing the same stuff. I thought it might be my case pushing the power button somehow, so I took it off and that didn't help. Anyway I came home and managed to catch it on video. Fast forward to 45 seconds... I don't think that the button is sticking since it's doing it randomly, not always right after I press the button.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIu9wyxlOPI&list=UUFIExQITQdIJwICAoE3FhlQ

Don't mind the quality I had to send it to myself via SMS because my Aunt doesn't have iMessage enabled on her phone....

2. todd2000 thread starter macrumors 68000

The more I think about it I can't be sure whether I pushed the power button before the last times it acted up. It might be the power button sticking, either way something is wrong...