iPhone 5S time inaccurate

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by duelingdragons, Nov 1, 2013.

1. duelingdragons macrumors 65816

At&t as the carrier.

The current time is 10:05 AM but my phone is saying 10:09 AM.

I have it set to automatically set time, and I've tried restarting my phone.

Anyone? I work at a job where having the exact time is absolutely critical so this is a big problem.

2. Dave Felix macrumors 6502a

Dave Felix

What are you using for the current time? I wonder if changing the time zone to a location far from you and changing it back could update it..

3. C DM macrumors Westmere

Anyone else on AT&T that you know of and can look at their phone (no matter which phone it is, although an iPhone would be better) to see if they are experiencing the same issue in the same location where you are?

4. dictoresno, Nov 5, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2013

dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

what are you using to verify the actual correct time is 4 mins behind the phones time and not the other way around. as far as i know, when its on auto, the time is sent and adjusted via the whole cellular network. you can adjust it manually i believe however.

according to this, its what at&t uses and its enforcement/standardization is weak.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NITZ

"the timing information via NITZ is only required to support "accuracy of the time information is in the order of minutes."