iPhone 5S touch-Id problem

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by George Waseem, Jul 8, 2015.

1. George Waseem macrumors regular

George Waseem

I got an iPhone 5S and in the setup, i tried to save if my fingerprint. But the iPhone didn't want to save it, so I never actually never use Touch ID, I thought about discussing my problem here to get a fix

2. I7guy macrumors P6

I7guy

If you are following the on screen instructions and Touch ID is not working, bring the phone into an Apple Store and let them run some diagnostics.

3. XTheLancerX macrumors 68000

XTheLancerX

I know this sounds dumb, but are you actually finishing the process? When it says "Touch ID is ready" or whatever, you have to hit continue after that. If you leave the settings app before hitting continue, it doesn't save the fingerprint.

4. ProtectoBrand macrumors newbie

ProtectoBrand

sometimes we tend to not follow everything that is instructed by the iphone. You will know that fingerprint lock has been set up because it vibrates every time it commands you to touch the menu button but do not press it. If still won't work, you may go to your nearest apple store for diagnostic tests :) Have a great day!

5. techspin macrumors 6502a

Give us more details about how it didn't save your print! "It didn't want to save it" tells us nothing.