IPhone 5s touch id trouble

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by OG Style, Sep 4, 2015.

1. OG Style macrumors newbie

I have an iPhone 5s that needed the motherboard replaced and I don't have the original touch id for it. Is there anyway to program the button. I can jb it if needed.

Thanks

2. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

3. OG Style thread starter macrumors newbie

When I go there and click on add a fingerprint it skips the touch Id screen and says failed.

My understanding is that the touch id needs programmed to the cpu on the mobo.

Thanks

4. MacManiac76 macrumors 65816

MacManiac76

You're going to need to take it into an Apple store most likely so they can do it for you. If there isn't one near you, you can probably mail it in to Apple so they can perform the needed service on the TouchID.

5. OG Style thread starter macrumors newbie

I called the Apple store and they said that they will not work on it because I changed the motherboard.

6. MacManiac76 macrumors 65816

MacManiac76

Out of curiosity, why did you change the motherboard yourself and not have Apple do it for you?

7. OG Style thread starter macrumors newbie

It's my cousins phone and the board had water damage and was out of warranty.

8. MacManiac76 macrumors 65816

MacManiac76

Try taking it into a store without mentioning you changed the motherboard yourself. They might do it, but will almost certainly charge you for it since it is out of warranty.