iPhone 5s touch ID unlock (tip)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by komiothebeat, Sep 22, 2013.

1. komiothebeat macrumors 6502

komiothebeat

This may come as as something obvious to some people ...

First impression of the touch id was meh ... It takes longer than just swiping over rather than reading my finger.

But what I was doing was clicking the button and when it showed the lock screen then placing my finger on the home button for scanning.

But to make it a little faster now I'm clicking the home button and instead of releasing and waiting for the slide to unlock I just rest my finger on it and hardly see the lock screen, and it just goes to my home screen ..

Hopefully this helps someone

2. ssl0408 macrumors 6502a

ssl0408

This little tidbit helped me so thank you. I was doing the same thing; pressing the home button then waiting for the lock screen to scan. It appeared to me that it was faster to just type in the passcode, but now this tip makes it much faster!

3. deeddawg macrumors 604

Same realization here. Had been in the habit of waking the phone at the top button, switching over to waking with the home button makes the process very smooth. Just click and hold for a moment.

4. slapppy macrumors 65816

Nice tip. I think it also makes it a reliable read. Need to test it more since I've been having issues getting TiD to work consistently.