iPhone 5S - UK in-store screen replace?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ollyb, Dec 13, 2013.

1. ollyb macrumors member

Hi

My wife managed to shatter the screen on her 5S. Does anyone know if Apple are doing the in-store screen replacements in the UK, and whether they are doing the 5S yet? And if so, does anyone know the price?

I called the store, but they weren't able to give me any of that information over the phone. Apple Care said they *thought* it would be available, but they only had the standard service pricing available (£216 or something). If it's $149 in US, I'm kind hoping it's ~£120 over here.

Any insight would be much appreciated.

Thanks

2. aristobrat macrumors G5

As of last night (my buddy broke his 5s screen), the US Apple Store we went to said they couldn't do 5s screen replacements yet.

3. oVerboost macrumors 6502a

The 5s and 5 screen are the same... Any store saying they can't do the s screens are fobbing you off.

4. aristobrat macrumors G5

fwiw

5. oVerboost macrumors 6502a

My bad, all I know is the local repair store can do 5s screens, and they're not advanced by any means and I'm sure if they can do them, apple can. If not buy a 5s screen on eBay and get a company to install it OR just pay for a replacement phone at Apple, an option they'd surely give if they can't replace the screen alone.