iPhone 5S users, are you upgrading to the 6/6+, why or why not?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Maverick1337, Sep 13, 2014.

1. Maverick1337 macrumors 65816

Maverick1337

Just curious what other 5S owners are doing in regards to the new iPhone.

2. MaximoMark79, Sep 13, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2014

MaximoMark79 macrumors newbie

iPhone 5S users, are you upgrading to the 6/6+, why or why not?

I'm undecided, I love the 5s size and one handed usability.

If I do get the new iPhone it will be the 6.

3. Kariya macrumors 68000

Kariya

4. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

5. vjicecool macrumors 6502

i think iphone6 is a bigger 5s with little more specs thats all
    6 plus seems better to me

6. joshellis625 macrumors 6502

joshellis625

I preordered an iPhone 6. I'm addicted to new iPhones. Every year I tell myself I don't need the new one and then every year I rationalize a way to buy it by selling my old one on eBay. Every damn time!

7. leo.andres.21 macrumors regular

iPhone 5S owner here. The iPhone 6 is almost a 5S blown up a little, while being slightly faster and has a slightly better camera. While the 6 Plus is more significant a change (in dimensions and improved camera). The killer feature for these iPhones is :apple:Pay and since I am residing in the UK, that feature is not coming soon, thus does not exactly trigger an impulse buy for me.

My 5S is running like a boss on the iOS 8 GM with no signs of slowdowns, I don't know how much I will like the new design until I see it in person, but I will keep ahold of my 5S for at least another year, if not until the iPhone 7 (if they still keep that naming scheme)

8. KylePowers macrumors 68000

KylePowers

I upgrade every year (since the 3GS) because why not. I'm like 90/10 on 6/6 Plus.

I've been doing a lot more on my iPhone these days, inclusive of forum posts like this one and watching Plex. So a bigger screen is certainly advantageous. Faster SoC, LTE, WiFi are all nice additions as well. Very excited to see Apple Pay take off too.

I know a lot of people are saying the 6 is just a slightly bigger 5/5S, but it's still a bigger upgrade than when the 5 came out and we were all upgrading from our 4/4Ss. 0.7in screen increase vs 0.5in screen increase, so good enough for me!

9. MuGeN PoWeR macrumors 68020

MuGeN PoWeR

10. Ryan1524 macrumors 65816

Ryan1524

11. pmau macrumors 65816

I also update every year because brainwashing works ... for me.
    No, seriously. I would feel left behind if I could not complain about:

* The display is too dark, too bright, too small
    * The alumunimumum is splintering my sensitive fingers
    * My ears bleed from VoLTE.
    * My thumb hurts from this olioioliphobic ... stuff ... I'm phobic anyways.
    * The antenna bands are ugly .... broad ... not working properly ...

Anyways, what would I DO WITH MY LIFE, if I cannot buy this.

12. Djentleman macrumors regular

Djentleman

Ordered my 6+ because I can't fathom having something I use for everything, be this tiny; especially since I'm short-sighted. Gonna get this baby on eBay and if that doesn't sell, a shop offers "like-new" 5s a good sum.

13. TWD98j macrumors regular

Probably sticking with the 5S, as I've been on the "S" cycle ever since the 3GS back in 2009. With iOS 8 on the 5S, it does everything I need. As far as a bigger screen, I guess I can't exactly miss what I never had. Same as when I passed on the 5 and held onto my 4S from 2011 until the 5S came out last fall.

Although I am tempted somewhat by AT&T's trade-in promo to get $200 credit for trading my 4S, which is absolutely unheard of, I will likely stay put.

By the time the inevitable 6S (and 6S+, perhaps?) comes out next year, I'll be ready and have an upgrade waiting.

14. snowcrash macrumors regular

snowcrash

I upgrade every year since the original iPhone. So of course I upgraded. 5S for a 6+ for the bigger screen and 128gb.

15. JoshMKB24 macrumors 6502a

JoshMKB24

Bigger screen and it's free so no reason not to!

16. roberthodgson macrumors regular

Sold My Iphone 5S orderd the 6+ Space Grey, I upgrade every year and sell my old phone to help off set the costs

Looking forward to the bigger screen

17. HoosBruce macrumors 6502a

Haven't decided yet...if I do then Im either selling the 5S on eBay, uSell/Gazelle, or with the VZW trade in program. Just trying to weigh my options as far as where I can get the most money, ease of transaction, and lack of ******** fees (I'm looking at you eBay).

18. TAI182 macrumors regular

TAI182

I have a 5s and preordered the 6 Plus. Because this has a much bigger screen, I plan on selling my iPad and 5s and using the 6 Plus as my one universal iOS device.

19. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

For sure. I've been wanting a bigger screen since the 3G. Although I own an iPad mini retina, a laptop and 2 computers, I use my iPhone 99% of the time. To me it's more like my computer so a big screen is very welcome. 6+ 64gb space grey coming this Friday :)

20. roberthodgson macrumors regular

21. ELPresidente720 macrumors 6502

I'm upgrading and changing carriers in order to do so. Several reasons:

I've been on the "S" cycle (4s, 5s...) with my upgrades and always felt I was on the wrong end of the stick. I have the option of changing carriers to do so, and I sort of wanted to get away from Sprint. The :apple:Watch ain't here yet. I'm bored out of my mind and need something to look forward to.

22. SpyderBite macrumors 65816

SpyderBite

Waiting for 6s. Kicked myself for not waiting for touch id. Won't make that mistake again.

23. lysola macrumors member

I'm excited for the new iPhones but I'm also happy with what I have now. It's working just fine and by the time my contract is up, I'll be able to get the new phones at a cheaper price which sounds great to me. If something happens in the meantime, I can upgrade but I'm happy where I'm at right now.

24. HoosBruce macrumors 6502a

May even sell my iPad Air to offset the cost...I love the iPad and use it a decent amount, but I use my iPhone A LOT, and if the screen is big enough I could see moving back to one universal iOS device.