iPhone 5s vs iPhone 6

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Chaelinxo, Jul 31, 2014.

  1. Chaelinxo macrumors member

    Apr 18, 2014
    I have a cracked iphone 4 & wondering if I should get a iphone 5s for two years (until 2016). Or a iphone 6 (until 2016) idk if I should get the 5s because it might be slow & old 2 years from now or or wait for the 6 WICH is i don't know when
  2. kupkakez macrumors 68000


    Apr 4, 2011
  3. I7guy macrumors P6


    Nov 30, 2013
    Gotta be in it to win it
    I don't think the 5S will be old and slow in two years, but as the other poster has suggested, if you can wait...why not get the latest and greatest iphone.
  4. rockitdog macrumors 68020

    Mar 25, 2013
    You can probably get a 5s on contract for pretty cheap. You'll be shelling out $200 at a minimum when the 6 is released if you can even get your hands on it...
  5. mlmwalt macrumors 6502a

    Jun 8, 2010
    Philadelphia, Pa, USA
    Wait if you can. No sense in renewing a contract earlier than you have to. I put a new battery in my 4s to keep it viable until the 6 comes out. :cool:
  6. mjschabow macrumors 68000

    Dec 25, 2013
    Waiting 2 months will be well worth the bigger screen.
  7. sunking101 macrumors 604


    Sep 19, 2013
    I have a feeling that it will be nearer Christmas when the i6 is readily available in the UK :-(
  8. localboy28 macrumors 6502a

    Jul 27, 2010

    Don't be silly it'll be in the uk in September
  9. mjschabow macrumors 68000

    Dec 25, 2013

    That sucks. This is my first iPhone launch to look forward to. I'm hoping to get it by my birthday in mid October here in the US.
  10. HarryWild macrumors 65816


    Oct 27, 2012
    Wait! You can decide which to get after the 6 is released. The current 5S will be much cheaper since it a year old and out of the top spot! The 5C will be cheaper too. Apple might take the internals of the 5S and place them in a polycarbonate shell and created an updated 5C or a new 6C. It a win-win if you can wait till end of September.

    That what I going to do; wait to see what develops!
  11. llarc84 macrumors newbie


    Jul 31, 2014
    Like others have suggested, wait if you can. If you can't, I would get the 5S either used from Craigslist/eBay (with tons of research on the device before you buy to protect yourself and your investment) or get it on a 2 year contract from Wal-Mart, which I believe is selling them for $99 on contract last time I checked (this may have changed).

    All depends on your needs and your budget. The 5S is a fine device.

Share This Page