Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Orlandoech

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 2, 2011
I did a clean install of 7.1b2 and get tons (usually 1-2 a day) resprings at random, doing random things.

Anyone else experiencing this?

RokkenRock

macrumors member
Aug 24, 2010
Why I read "TONS" of respring in title I was thinking about ten every hour and then I clicked in and saw…

FWIW I saw the first respring in a month today and I find it TOTALLY unacceptable. I think I have to start an uproar in Cupertino.

Orlandoech

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 2, 2011
2-3 a day is a lot... considering in iOS6, I got less than that in 2-3 months.

abshole765

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2013
Haven't encountered any resprings yet, but the music app crashed at least 10 times this morning.

RokkenRock

macrumors member
Aug 24, 2010
2-3 a day is a lot... considering in iOS6, I got less than that in 2-3 months.

I totally understand the frustration incurred by these bugs. I was just a bit amused by the sensationalization of them.

You said once or twice a day first and then twice or thrice afterwards so I don't know which one I should believe, but I do find it excessive. If a restore doesn't do the trick for you, a trip to the apple store won't hurt I suppose.

Orlandoech

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 2, 2011
1 a day is excessive and shouldnt occur that much. Anything more than that is insane.

virginblue4

macrumors 68020
Apr 15, 2012
United Kingdom
1 a day is excessive and shouldnt occur that much. Anything more than that is insane.

While I know many users are experiencing resprings in iOS 7.0.4 (well apparently... I must say I never had any) you are actually running beta software, so you can't really complain. I'm running 7.1 beta 2 on my 5s and rMini and haven't had any resprings.

RokkenRock

macrumors member
Aug 24, 2010
While I know many users are experiencing resprings in iOS 7.0.4 (well apparently... I must say I never had any) you are actually running beta software, so you can't really complain. I'm running 7.1 beta 2 on my 5s and rMini and haven't had any resprings.

Crap! I totally missed the part that he is running a beta because of the all cap tons there. A beta remains a beta and he should report them to apple.

PNutts

macrumors 601
Jul 24, 2008
Pacific Northwest, US
One 7.1 beta 1 The Huffington Post app crashed on about every third story tapped. Beta 2 resolved that and since putting it on I've had a total of about five resprings in random places.

OP: Can you narrow it down? How about removing all apps from the recently used app list (and when you close an app). Are your background app refresh settings on, etc.? My quick thought is you have an app running that's causing the issue.

Orlandoech

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 2, 2011
I have seen zero resprings on 7.1B2. Try restoring.

I've done two clean installs. No difference. Its annoying. Other than the resprings, its much faster overall and even though the Music app is still RIDICULOUSLY crappy still, the fact they added SHUFFLE to genre's back is pleasing.

RokkenRock

macrumors member
Aug 24, 2010
I just hope they can either give me an option to sort or sort albums in artist view from latest to oldest. It's annoying to scroll through around 10 albums, each containing around 10 songs, just to get to their latest album.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
I did a clean install of 7.1b2 and get tons (usually 1-2 a day) resprings at random, doing random things.

Anyone else experiencing this?

1-2 a day isn't TONS. 1-2 an hour barely qualifies.

And you know it is a beta, so issues should be expected. That's part of why they release the betas. Nt just so you can make sure your app works with the software but to act as a tester since there is no way they can create every possible scenario to tell in the lab.

So use those developer tools and report your findings.

----------

I've done two clean installs. No difference. Its annoying. Other than the resprings, its much faster overall and even though the Music app is still RIDICULOUSLY crappy still, the fact they added SHUFFLE to genre's back is pleasing.

And what exactly are you doing when these resprings occur. Because third party apps that aren't optimized for said OS version can cause such issues. Even things as simple as they updated it for 7.0 and haven't caught up to 7.0.4 can cause issues, particularly if you are using a more advanced version of the software.

So if these incidents are on non native apps or non natives could be running push/background refresh etc, that can be a factor in the game. An important factor

iOSBry

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2013
I've done two clean installs.
To be clear, did you perform an actual restore through iTunes and once complete, setup your iPhone as new without restoring from iCloud? If not, then I would suggest that. I do that for every point or full release and I have little to no issues with iOS 7.1 beta 2 and in fact, zero resprings and only two app crashes since beta 2's release almost four week ago.

iOSBry

Orlandoech

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 2, 2011
To be clear, did you perform an actual restore through iTunes and once complete, setup your iPhone as new without restoring from iCloud? If not, then I would suggest that. I do that for every point or full release and I have little to no issues with iOS 7.1 beta 2 and in fact, zero resprings and only two app crashes since beta 2's release almost four week ago.

iOSBry

I first restored my phone to iOS 7.0.3, then I did a clean install via iTunes to 7.1 with NO backup restores via iCloud or iTunes. I setup as a new phone.

And people, I UNDERSTAND its a beta, I was curious if anyone else gets this many resprings in a single day, dya in and day out?

Orlandoech

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 2, 2011
Runs beta, complains of re-springs.

facepalm.jpg

I know its a beta... Im asking if people have this issue as well. iOS 7 sucks in general, its all a beta and sucks lol.

FACEPALM to you...

----------

Ok people... since you're all so cool to inform me that is a beta.... which I already knew and then complain about me asking if others are having the issue... well you're pretty much worthless to this community. Congrats.

It was a simple question... nothing more or less. Realize that.

itsmemuffins

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010
I know its a beta... Im asking if people have this issue as well. iOS 7 sucks in general, its all a beta and sucks lol.

FACEPALM to you...

----------

Ok people... since you're all so cool to inform me that is a beta.... which I already knew and then complain about me asking if others are having the issue... well you're pretty much worthless to this community. Congrats.

It was a simple question... nothing more or less. Realize that.

The first rule of beta is you dont talk about beta ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.