Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LosingThe Plot

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 3, 2014
UK
Following the update to IOS 8.0

I can no longer play music in my BMW 5 Series, You can see the albums, just won't play, frustrating as I do long journey's

Photos and web pages no longer enlarge when the phone is turned 90 degrees

Battery charge lasts about 2/3 the time on the old software

I can understand issues with a new phone, but a 6 month old 5S

Reactions: Alexrat1996

FrozenInferno

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2013
The only issue I've run into now that I've used iOS 8 for a week or so on my 5S is wifi connectivity.

In my bedroom at the at end of my house, where the wifi single is weakest, I'm consistently losing my wifi connection whereas before I was able to maintain at least two bars of signal strength. Every few minutes I need to pull up control center and disable/enable wifi to get it to connect again. It's an annoyance that I'm hoping will be fixed shortly, and so far as I can tell it hasn't yet interfered with my iCloud backups while my phone charges overnight.

Other than that I have no other issues with iOS 8.

ratbrain

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2010
5S on 8.0 also.

definitely also experiencing issue with portrait and landcape not shifting back after re orienting your phone.

also, i have swiftkey installed and i have to cycle thru the keyboards at times to get back to the swiftkey KB.

not issues that take away functionality, but definitely a PIA.

Hal~9000

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2014
Following the update to IOS 8.0
  • I can no longer play music in my BMW 5 Series, You can see the albums, just won't play, frustrating as I do long journey's
  • Photos and web pages no longer enlarge when the phone is turned 90 degrees
  • Battery charge lasts about 2/3 the time on the old software

OP, did you update OTA or via iTunes? I would always suggest going through iTunes to update if you didn't.

Slicktype

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2011
Quite a lot of issues here since updating.

I no longer receive "push" emails (extremely frustrating)

My service hoes in and out of Ltd, 4g and no service at all throughout the entire day!

It has become quite laggy with using just about any program

It is constantly getting stuck on portrait mode

I keep having to sign into websites that I have already signed into (it is not remembering my password like previous ios)

Phone calls cut in and out of volume

So needles to say, this new ios has been the "worst" yet (at least for me personally).

LosingThe Plot

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 3, 2014
UK
OP, did you update OTA or via iTunes? I would always suggest going through iTunes to update if you didn't.

Thanks Hal, I will give it a try

I updated OTA this really shouldn't make a difference, if it does then Apple ought to make it not too IMO

yesterday I updated to 8.0.2 OTA which cured the link to my car thank goodness as I will be around 1000 miles next week

The images still don't rotate though in any programe :mad:

Hannzo

macrumors newbie
Dec 9, 2014
iOS8 issues on my iPhone 5S

I finally upgraded my 16GB iPhone 5S from iOS 7 to iOS 8.1.1 about a week ago. Loved it until weird things started happening...

First, I have been restarting my phone more then 10 times in a week trying to get some weird issues fixed. The volume buttons just keep randomly quit working. I completely can't adjust the volume unless I restart the phone.

Second, the top and bottom sliding notification and the quick controller randomly quit working no matter how I try to swipe my fingers.

Third, the camera won't show the view when I try to take photos. It would only show the interface with pitch black. The same issue has been happening on the apps of "Snapseed", "Capital One" and "Facebook".

The last one, iMessage text message animation doesn't play smoothly any more. It just dumps.

Please share your good solution if any one has the same issues. It is getting really annoying because I do take good care of my 5S! The iOS 8 is ruining my user experience!

Attachments

• IMG_8351.PNG
    IMG_8351.PNG
    232.7 KB · Views: 97
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.