IPhone 5s with latest IOS version issue:

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by bobcpa, Jan 30, 2015.

1. bobcpa macrumors newbie

This started happening since I upgraded to the latest IOS version. When the phone is in sleep mode, the screen will come on without me touching the phone. It will stay on for a few seconds, and then it will go black with the "slide to turn off phone" slider at the top and a white circle with an "X" in the center, and at the bottom of that circle the word "cancel."

This will happen a couple of more times, and then when the phone goes into sleep mode again, it stays in sleep mode until I awaken the phone. Then, this issue comes back

Anyone experiencing this? I did both a reset and a hard reset, and neither fixes the issue.

2. bbrks macrumors 65816

bbrks

Try restoring it again and setup as new, if the problem persists, than I guess, it could be some kind of HW problem.

3. adamhenry macrumors 65816

adamhenry

I haven't seen anything similar on my 5S running 8.1.3.

4. bobcpa thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks so much for all your help. I had a theory that turned out to be valid. I downloaded the game Shades and that was when all of this started. I deleted the game and viola! No more issues.

5. wproct macrumors 6502

wproct

Glad you solved your issue. I've downloaded 8.1.3 on my 5s, and the only issue I have had so far is that I just don't seem to be getting the life out of a battery charge that I did prior to the download?

6. adamhenry macrumors 65816

adamhenry

I'm glad you got that sorted out. If mine started doing that, I'd be looking for a silver cross. :D