iPhone 5s Won't Charge or Turn On

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by samir786, Apr 24, 2014.

1. samir786 macrumors newbie

Hi, have had my iphone 5s for a few months has been fine up until now. A few days ago i stopped at a local fuel station and bought a iphone car charger it came with a 3 way style cable that goes into a car cigarette lighter port ( looks like this https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/...9OvsFKD5aczkKc7mR5vOptEK5eFKdxfqWrdvO3c7ctXHN ) The charger worked fine, but yesterday my battery was on 2 percent i plugged my phone in and it was not charging and said the charging accessory may not be supported. the phone did not charge and the battery went. now having been back home i have left the phone on charge for long periods of time over night with the original iphone usb cable into the wall socket and still nothing not even the red battery to indicate it is charging just a black screen. i have cleaned the lightning charge port on the bottom of the phone, i have used a range of different cables and checked that they work with my ipad so it cant be the charging cables, i have tried in my macbook usb port and nothing i have also tried holding the home button and the on button to try and reset it but still nothing. any help would be appreciated need my phone back as soon as possible!

2. I7guy macrumors G5

Phone is under warranty, bring it into apple.

3. Jalopybox macrumors 6502a

Jalopybox

Your gas station charger fried your phone. Take it to Apple store. They may deny the claim if you mention your gas station charger.