Iphone 5s won't come on

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by shanej399, Jan 1, 2016.

1. shanej399 macrumors newbie

Two days ago my home button stopped working. Then yesterday I woke up and I couldn't turn my phone on. I left it on the charger the night before, so it was fully charged, forcing me to sleep in and miss my alarm. Today I've gotten it to come on (home button still not working) but then after it gets locked it won't come on. I don't know if this is an issue with the screen or not. I'm thinking about upgrading since my battery life has been horrible as well. Sometimes it will die on 40% or higher! Either that or it will go from 40% directly to 1% out of no where.

but the phone is at the moment unresponsive to anything. can't do a hard reset or anything.

I am usually a really big apple fanboy, but after this with my iPhone and with my macbook going down a couple weeks ago (thankfully I had applecare) I've just been highly disappointed.

2. shanej399 thread starter macrumors newbie

if anybody has any advice on what to do or what possibly happened i would appreciate it! i don't have insurance or apple care so not sure what else i can do besides get a new phone?

3. shanej399 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. g.t. rags macrumors 6502

hate to say it, but cnotes has a point. had to do the same thing to my mom's 5s about a month ago because it decided to just die

5. canuckRus macrumors 6502

canuckRus

Perhaps it's your battery? Some 5series faulty batteries are being replaced by Apple.

< https://www.apple.com/support/iphone5-battery/ >

6. applemac-repairs macrumors newbie

applemac-repairs

If your home button isn't working then you can't try a hard restart by holding down the power button and home at the same time for 20 seconds. Try it anyway. Is that fails try a different charger and if that fails it could be a battery issue. In the worst case scenario it could be board issue. Let us know how it goes.