iPhone 5S won't display battery app usage after battery replacement

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chillip, Mar 3, 2016.

1. chillip macrumors 6502a

As the title. I don't get any app usage information. It just says it will be ready after a few minutes of use. I have restored the software but it is still playing up. Also battery drain is high when using phone and fine on standby. Thanks

2. Mlrollin91 macrumors G5

Mlrollin91

It typically takes several hours. Restoring restarted that process. Give it a day or two before it starts to really adjust properly. After 7 days it will be even more accurate.

3. adamhenry macrumors 65816

adamhenry

Several revs ago, the battery app changed and the information for apps requires more usage to actually report. If you run something that uses more power, the app information eventually shows up. I think the change occurred when the app was changed to also show 'on screen" time.

4. chillip thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks all. What do you think about the battery drain. Percentage drops fast when using it. Standby time is fine. Dodgy battery?

5. Mlrollin91 macrumors G5

Mlrollin91

Give it time to adjust. Sounds like you just got a replacement battery plus then restored the phone. Phone needs to index and needs to calm down. I'd say 72 hours or so. If you have a Mac download Coconut battery and plug your phone in. You can view battery health and other stats. There is always a possibility of a bad battery but at this point that may be jumping to conclusions.

6. adamhenry macrumors 65816

adamhenry

I would give it a couple of days and see what happens after that. I also agree with the Coconut app to check the batt. condition.

7. chillip thread starter macrumors 6502a

I don't have a Mac, any software on Windows? Thanks

8. Mlrollin91, Mar 3, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2016

Mlrollin91 macrumors G5

Mlrollin91

Not that I know of. There is an app you can buy for your phone Battery Doc. Not Battery Doctor. Really depends on if you want to spend the money to monitor your battery condition.

I have no experience with this app. It's $1.99 but it does everything coconut battery does.

Battery Health -- Battery and charging information for iPhone and iPad! by Eldad Eilam https://appsto.re/us/Wc4G-.i

The battery doc app isn't as detailed.

----
    It's also worth noting. That even though your battery % states 100%, it's really often only 95%. In order for your battery to truly reach 100% it takes an additionally 45 minutes after it changes to 100%. So if you unplug as soon as it's at 100% your really losing 5%. Coconut battery was able to show me this. I've noticed a decent increase by always checking to see if the phone is truly at 100%.

9. decafjava macrumors 68020

decafjava

iBackupbot works in Windows and gives similar infor to coconut battery, but I recommend the app Mlrollin91 posted above:
    Battery Health -- Battery and charging information for iPhone and iPad! by Eldad Eilam https://appsto.re/us/Wc4G-.i

Good one, I use it myself and well worth the 2 bucks.