iPhone 5s won't download pre-existing apps

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by melissafiction, Jun 12, 2016.

1. melissafiction macrumors newbie

melissafiction

Hello hello. I deleted a plethora of apps and photos to free up storage for the latest iPhone 5s update. Figuring it was still a space issue that was preventing me from downloading apps after the update, I deleted hundreds of more photos and several more apps. I'm down to the bare essentials and even deleted a few apps I paid for, but the App Store will only download apps I have never previously had on this phone.

i.e. when I try to redownload the Yelp app I had deleted, the download button flashes when I touch it but does not begin a download, nor does an icon appear on my home screen in a "waiting" queue. This is the case for all the other apps I attempted to redownload after deletion.

However, when I click on any random app on the featured page of the app store, those begin downloading automatically.

I've tried restarting my phone, signing in and out of my account, resetting all settings, verifying the date & time is automatic, airplane mode, lease renewal of the wifi, deleting nearly everything on my phone...

I don't want to reset my entire phone and lose any more than I already have. Haaalp

2. Latinking25 macrumors member

When I have issues with the App Store I usually tap on any of the bottom buttons 10 times and it will reset itself. Hopefully it works for you