iPhone 5S won't wake at first attempt

lazybump91

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 22, 2012
As mentioned above, any iPhone 5s user happen to see this issue too? My iPhone won't wake after first press .. no matter I press home button/sleep wake button. My Touch ID is on and I've upgraded to iOS 7.1.

This happened like frequently but not always, means like 50 attempts there's 3 or 4 possibility that the phone won't wake after first click.

Is this a hardware or software issue?

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
As mentioned above, any iPhone 5s user happen to see this issue too? My iPhone won't wake after first press .. no matter I press home button/sleep wake button. My Touch ID is on and I've upgraded to iOS 7.1.

This happened like frequently but not always, means like 50 attempts there's 3 or 4 possibility that the phone won't wake after first click.

Is this a hardware or software issue?
Software issue. Happens to mine occasionally too. I've also had my phone replaced due to a creaky home button, and my replacement does the same thing.

Allanb1985

macrumors member
Mar 10, 2013
Yea this happens to mine aswell and strangely only effects the 5s. Must be a software issue relating to the touch id sensor. Not to worry tho Apple will prob release a patch for this somewhere down the line.