Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jeffjr624

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 9, 2014
I have a telephone icon near my batt % it just popped up in my phone. How do I get rid of it and what does it represent?

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
I have a telephone icon near my batt % it just popped up in my phone. How do I get rid of it and what does it represent?
You missed a call.

Open your Phone app and go to the recent calls tab. You will see the missed call. Press on a different tab and the badge will go away (because you just saw the missed call) and the phone icon will disappear.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA

You missed a call.

Open your Phone app and go to the recent calls tab. You will see the missed call. Press on a different tab and the badge will go away (because you just saw the missed call) and the phone icon will disappear.

That's only on jailbroken phones, stock phones will not display a phone icon if you miss a call.

Assuming the OP is not jailbroken, then, OP, TTY is turned on. Go to Settings, Phone, and toggle TTY to OFF.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.