iPhone 5SE's camera noise reduction vs 5s

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by trifid, Apr 6, 2016.

1. trifid macrumors 65816

trifid

2. willmtaylor, Apr 6, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2016

willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Well, that would make sense, since it's the same software AND hardware as the 6(S), now wouldn't it?

3. Andres Cantu macrumors 68030

Andres Cantu

This generation of iSight cameras has been disappointing, to say the least. I hope they make a significant improvement this year, even if history suggests they won't.

4. trifid thread starter macrumors 65816

trifid

No, I expect a phone released in 2016 to be better than the one it's replacing from 2013. Apple could have kept the same hardware as the 6/6s and tweaked/improved the noise reduction.

5. willmtaylor, Apr 6, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2016

willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

You're baiting and switching.

It's one thing to want a newer phone to take better photos (which by the way, it does; you're simply cherry-picking one aspect of the photos that you don't personally find preferable).

However, it's another thing entirely to expect different image processing from IDENTICAL hardware & software.

6. Prof Farnsworth macrumors member

Prof Farnsworth

is it just me or is the 5s picture the better of the two?

7. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

That's the point of the OP.

8. Jimmy James macrumors 68040

I was an early 6 adopter and immediately realized that the 5s takes better pictures.

If like to see lower MP counts combined with less image processing. That would be an upgrade.

9. deadsoul macrumors regular

I had a 5s then decided to sell it to get an iPhone 6 and I've been struggling with this issue forever, I was expecting this to be fixed, f... the new releases I'm selling this thing to get a 5S again...

10. Q-Dog macrumors 6502

Q-Dog

Phones generally don't take great photos in low light. I don't find either of those photos to be very good.

11. drarthur25, Mar 9, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2017

drarthur25 macrumors newbie

drarthur25

--- Post Merged, Mar 9, 2017 ---
    I think Apple should have improved noise cancellation on the iphone 5se when it decided to give it more power like the iphone 6. The iphone 5se & the 6 have more voice distortion & less voice clarity than the iphone 5 s... Loud is nice but without crystal clear clarity its simply wasted...Its unusual for Apple not to build on the sound cancellation properties of the iphone 5 s..This whole problem is made worse by those millions of people with true hearing impairments where articulation & clarity (not volume) is most important....drarthur25