iphone 6 128GB....61GB in other bar?????

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by APPLEFAN8, Jan 23, 2015.

1. APPLEFAN8 macrumors 65816

APPLEFAN8

Anyone know how to deal with this? It went up randomly 6GB today from yesterday, i've gone through apps in settings and there is no data exceeding a GB. Not sure what is causing this but can anyone give me any suggestions? Thanks

2. perkedel macrumors 6502a

perkedel

I found that the only to get rid of it, is to do a backup/restore. It happens on my iPod touch, iPhone 5s, and my iPhone 6 Plus. Others suggested to do this and that, well they don't work. The other storage will come back eventually.

3. TypeMRT macrumors 6502

I had the same thing happen this week. I finally gave up and did the backup/restore last night. For me, it has to do with iTunes having problems with the music and/or photos databases. Even when I unchecked "Sync Music" I could use iFile to manually find and play the music files. iTunes and the iPhone reported only 22 GB free but 60 GB of Other.

4. wx4olf macrumors regular

wx4olf

Probably time to clear the caches. You might give the battery doctor app (which has a cache clearing feature) a try or use another program/method to clear the caches that seem to make up a large part of "other".