iPhone 6 128gb constant crashes.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lulla01, Nov 9, 2014.

1. lulla01 macrumors 68020

lulla01

Hello,

My music app specifically crashes when I change tracks. After I close the app it plays for 10 seconds. It freezes when I change songs too quickly. It's very bad, I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same issues?

2. determined09 macrumors 65816

determined09

Make an appointment with the Genius Bar and ask them to replace your phone.

3. lulla01 thread starter macrumors 68020

lulla01

I haven't tried a restore yet but I read something about issues with 128 specifically. It only started happening about two weeks ago and these aren't iTunes Match songs I have downloaded these to the device itself.
    I doubt they'll just replace it

4. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

Gathomblipoob

I'd definitely try a restore before hauling it in to Apple.

5. nateo200 macrumors 68030

nateo200

Looks like I'll be backing up my iPhone more often now....I heard rumors they cheaped out on the 128GB flash memory modules....if so I'll feel a bit cheated...I mean the one time I fork the cash over for the most expensive iPhone 6 I can buy and they cheap out? I guess I'm happy nothing has gone wrong with my iPhone 6 so far....

6. Tobias Funke macrumors 6502a

Tobias Funke

7. darngooddesign macrumors G3

I have 60GB of Music on mine, which should tax the Music app heavily, and mine is fine. Restore your phone.

8. darngooddesign macrumors G3

That has nothing to do with what the OP is talking about. Did you even read the link you posted?

----------

If your phone is working fine, there is no reason to feel cheated. Lets assume that the didn't "cheap out" on the 64GB memory, there will be more expensive chips than what Apple used. Should those people feel cheated because Apple "cheaped out"?

9. shaunp macrumors 65816

I've not had any issues (touch wood), so you must have a faulty unit. Just take it back and get it swapped. And if it happens again, keep swapping it until they give you a good one.

10. snsking macrumors 6502

snsking

I'm having the same thing happen to me on a 64GB 6+. It started yesterday. I wonder if a "erase all content and settings" would work, I do not want to restore because it will update me to 8.1 so I am kind of stuck

11. darngooddesign macrumors G3

8.1 is great compared to the earlier versions of 8.

12. snsking macrumors 6502

snsking

My original 6, and 6+ were affected horribly by 8.1. The battery got destroyed from the moment it installed. I tried multiple restores, set it up as new, dfu restores, everything possible and the battery was never the same.

I kind of have a bad taste about 8.1 right now.

13. dcpmark macrumors 6502a

I've had zero resets, crashes, or loops with my 128gb. I've only had it for a month, but I use the Music App all the time including BT streaming in my vehicle.

Now, my car's head unit crashes and resets once in a while when I'm on the phone via BT, but that's a different story altogether.

14. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Weird. I found that 8.0 slowed my Mini 1 down to an annoying level, but 8.1 has been great on it.

15. redman042 macrumors 68020

Try a backup and full restore on iTunes (not via iCloud).

My 6+ was using too much battery until I did this. I believe an iTunes restore does a more thorough job of wiping and clean-installing iOS 8.1 than doing it through iCloud. I still backup through iCloud on a routine basis.

16. lulla01 thread starter macrumors 68020

lulla01

I can't stand how Apple positions a clean restore as a solution. They have iCloud backups and restores as a feature and to even suggest to start fresh is crazy. There should be a way to debug backups.

17. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Both the 6 and 6+ with 64 and 128GB RAM are crashing occasionally. I got a 128GB iPhone 6 and I get a Safari lockup maybe once in three weeks. Have not had one in a while.

Rather than blaming RAM, I choose to think that iOS8 is STILL a work in progress. Not a day goes by that I do not listen to my music librabry on my BT headphones and have never seen it crash.

18. cmichaelb macrumors 68020

cmichaelb

Safari lock up? I assume this after a clean install.

I'm just asking as I have a 128GB iPhone 6 and so far, so good.

19. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Never done a clean install in multiple iPads and iPhones and never had a problem. Once in three weeks Safari will do something "funny" and I do not consider it to be an issue.

Like you I see no problem with my iPhone 6 128GB.

iOS8 gets better after each update.

20. cmichaelb macrumors 68020

cmichaelb

I agree. Something rare 'funny' action isn't consitent enough to bother me that much.

iOS 8 has definitely improved. The progression from iOS 7 to 8.1 has been pretty impressive.

21. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Considering all the new features on iOS8, I have to agree.

My 6 is my best iPhone ever nad is what I had hoped the iPhone 5 would be!

22. cmichaelb macrumors 68020

cmichaelb

I loved the 5S but, every phone generation I feel the same. iPhone 6 is the best so far.