iPhone 6 16GB vs 64GB. Silver vs Space Grey

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bigpoppamac31, Sep 20, 2014.

1. bigpoppamac31 macrumors 68000

So I have a iPhone 4S 16GB right now and I'm looking to upgrade to a iPhone 6. I have just over 2GB of free space on my 4S but only cause I deleted a few videos off the phone. I really wish Apple had gone with 32GB for the base model but since they did not do so do you think it's worth it to go for the 64GB model?? Also I'm torn between the white/silver and black/space grey. They both look good and either way I'd likely get the black Apple leather case. I know it's ultimately my choice but which have you guys picked and why?

2. zetti macrumors 6502a

zetti

I chose 64gb because you're paying extra but triple the memory and its longterm phone for me. Also on top of that the minute I saw the black space grey phone I was in love but silver is really nice too.

3. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

I did 128GB space grey with black leather case. That black combo just looks sick to me, and I have too much stuff I plan on loading. Infinity Blade III alone is 3GB! I also want to have a few HD movies on me.

4. bigpoppamac31 thread starter macrumors 68000

Thanks for the quick reply. Yeah it would be a long term purchase for me also. I was looking on the Apple website at the black leather case and viewing the picture it just seems to look nicer on the white/silver iPhone compared to the black/space grey. My 4S is black so I'm thinking that white/silver would be a nice change.

5. zetti macrumors 6502a

zetti

Ah well for me i've always had white phones so black would be a nice change for me lol but seriously its up to you. I hope you can decide soon :)

6. bigpoppamac31 thread starter macrumors 68000

That's just it. The bigger screen makes it much nicer for games and movies. But also when I was playing with the iPhone 6 at the Apple Store it was even much nice for reading as well.

7. AreanFSL macrumors 6502

IMO the space grey iPhone 6 looks almost silver/aluminum to me.

I'm coming from a slate black iPhone 5.

8. bigpoppamac31 thread starter macrumors 68000

It certainly a big decision for me. Also for me to get the iPhone 6 at the upgrade price I have to "buy out" my contract. I'm with Fido in Canada on a 3 years term (which thankfully is no longer offered) and I have one year left. It would cost me $163 to buy out. But I can still use my "fido dollars" towards the new iPhone and i have $175 for that. I'm also curious if I'd even get much for my 4S if I tried to sell it online.

9. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Either way you'll need more storage, not less. These iCloud claims presume unlimited fast bandwidth. Sometimes I just want my stuff NOW. Actually, not sometimes. All the time.

10. bigpoppamac31 thread starter macrumors 68000

True. Plus I don't care to use "cloud" services besides having an email account.

11. zetti macrumors 6502a

zetti

I dont know about how much you would get for it but long term more storage is good idea..

12. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

iCloud is awesome for save games, working on documents on multiple devices, calendars, contacts, etc. But having my entire music or picture collection online when I can have it in my pocket? Nahhhh. Streaming can get expensive, not to mention difficult in low coverage areas or indoors.

13. cdmoore74 macrumors 68020

I would not get the 16GB what ever color you pick. 64GB is the minimum I would go. I got the 128GB model and loaded up 77 apps with 3 games averaging 1.5GB a piece. I still have 99.5GB left. I've been downloading apps for the hell of it.

14. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

Nobody can suggest anything in regard of what storage option you should choose.
    If you don't use online services, for example because you have a bad connection or are never around wifi spots, having more space would probably be advisable.
    Without knowing your usage patterns, there is no chance anyone can give any suggestion.

15. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

There is a chance. It might be wrong. It has a 33% chance of being right though.

16. zetti macrumors 6502a

zetti

Yep for me 64GB is enough, personally can't justify the 128 in terms of price.

17. Eileen89 macrumors 65816

I went with 64GB again this year because I still have 47.5 GB of storage left on my 5S. I also went with the Space Gray iPhone 6 after seeing it in person as I really think it was Sharp looking.

18. leenak macrumors 68020

I had an iPhone 5 64GB with 34GB of space remaining. So I bought an iPhone6 64GB.

19. bigpoppamac31 thread starter macrumors 68000

My usage is mainly Apps like Safari, Facebook, some news apps, music, and email. I'm reluctant to do any gaming due to the 4S being an older phone and also due to the smaller screen size.

20. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Zombie Gunship on the 6+ is just going to be AWESOME!

21. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

From what you describe, you would probably do just fine with a 16 GB. The main issues with that capacity are if you plan to store a variety of music, videos and games on your phone.
    Do you use Spotify? I suggest you look into iTunes Match, also.
    If you plan to use your phone near wifi access points, you have a number of options for cloud services and online services in general, through which access multimedia content like tv, movies and the like.

22. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Space Gray is so light that it basically looks silver so the question should be do you want black or white front?

23. HYPOKON2000, Sep 20, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2014

HYPOKON2000 macrumors member

HYPOKON2000

Don't forget you lose gigs just for os. My 128 had only 114 when I set it up.

24. bigpoppamac31 thread starter macrumors 68000

I don't use Spotify or any streaming music services. I rarely buy CDs anymore but I do buy music from iTunes. I simply prefer to own my music as opposed to stream it. I also still buy DVDs and Blu-ray movies. Once in a while I'll rent a new release off iTunes to view it. If it's good enough I'll buy the blu-ray. Call me old fashioned but I prefer to own my stuff. I don't care to use cloud services and I still sync my iPhone through USB. The thing is with 64GB I can use about half that for my entire music library and the other half for everything else. Given that Apple discontinued the iPod Classic it may not be a bad idea. Though I do prefer the scroll wheel over a touch screen for perusing my music.

----------

Exactly. That's basically what I'm pondering in terms of colour option.

25. anobvioustable macrumors newbie

64Gb here, read my thread about how I preordered a 16gb then waited in line to swap for a 64gb. Hours of waiting was worth it, no worries about storage, increasing app size with 64 bit and higher res apps. I have plenty of storage. Now to break this habit of deleting everything at the end of the day as I did with my 16gb iPhone 5.

----------

I got the space grey, wish I got gold. Black is boring and yes the space grey is so light it looks no different than silver.