iPhone 6 (4.7") Screen "Magnification" Function?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JulesK, Sep 12, 2014.

1. JulesK macrumors 6502

I'm not sure whether this is a question for this forum or the iOS8 forum, but does anyone know whether the iPhone 6/iOS8 has a feature to just magnify what one would see on the 5S screen (4") to fill the 4.7" screen, or is it just that you can fit more items onto the bigger screen?

My main reason for upgrading is to make viewing the iPhone screen easier on my eyes. I fully appreciate that iOS (Settings/General/Accessibility) has various ways of making text larger, zooming the screen, etc., and I use those (and various apps allow adjustments to text size). But does the iPhone 6/iOS8 have the option of just enlarging the entire screen so everything is larger?

The 6 Plus is just too big for my day-to-day use, so that's out.

Many thanks in advance.

2. Jman13 macrumors 68000

Yes. It's a setting to simply make everything bigger. Big Icons, bigger text, etc. It's called 'Display Zoom' and you can see the effect here: http://www.apple.com/iphone-6/display/

Scroll down about 2/3 of the way and you'll see a little interactive thing with a gold 6.

3. JulesK thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks! Ordered for pick up on the 19th! [nt]

nt

4. Dreamliner330 macrumors 6502a

I for one hope the 6 isn't a magnified 5. I want the extra pixels for more content.

5. zbarvian macrumors 68010

I, for one, want the extra content afforded to me by the higher resolution. But this is a cool option for people with vision impairments, who would prefer everything larger.