Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ktex1968

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 16, 2010
According to the Macrumors article the 6L will be 158 mm long and 78 mm wide with a 5.5" screen. The Galaxy Note 3 has a larger screen- 5.7" but the dimensions are smaller- 151.2 x 79.2. I guess it will be another bezely, tall skinny phone. :(

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX
According to the Macrumors article the 6L will be 158 mm long and 78 mm wide with a 5.5" screen. The Galaxy Note 3 has a larger screen- 5.7" but the dimensions are smaller- 151.2 x 79.2. I guess it will be another bezely, tall skinny phone. :(

Yup 6.8 mm taller and 1.2 mm skinnier. What an abomination! :rolleyes:

For reference sake, the 5S is 7.6 mm thick.

It's really not that much....neither is .2" (5.08 mm) of display size.

ktex1968

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 16, 2010
Not a question. Just saying bigger phone with smaller screen size sucks IMHO. I was hoping it would be somewhat smaller than the note since the screen is smaller and it's the reverse!

----------

Yup 6.8 mm taller and 1.2 mm skinnier. What an abomination! :rolleyes:

Which would be fine if the screen was the same size.....:confused:

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX
Which would be fine if the screen was the same size.....:confused:

From my previous post:

"It's really not that much....neither is .2" (5.08 mm) of display size."

Or in other words, the difference in display area is approximately 1.04" (iPhone Pro ~ 12.96", Note 3 ~ 14").

The fact that its a tad bit skinnier actually makes it easier to hold and use with one-hand.....I'm not sure why this is such a negative point (taller and skinnier)

Last edited:

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX
No need to worry about such things. There is no 5.5" iPhone.

Lol - this has become a badge of honor for you huh? I mean....its kind of a no-lose scenario.

If it exists, you've already taken all the ribbing you'll take so no harm done.

If it doesn't exist, you'll be able to claim that you knew and stood by your claim even in the face of various rumors and criticisms.

You'll be wrong though.

jlake02

macrumors 68020
Nov 2, 2008
L.A.
I've been an iPhone user since it first came out.. but I'm also growing tired of the bezels. Seems like too much space is wasted all around the screen, especially the top and bottom.. dunno, just growing tired of it.

MacKai

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2010
East Bay Area, CA
Not a question. Just saying bigger phone with smaller screen size sucks IMHO. I was hoping it would be somewhat smaller than the note since the screen is smaller and it's the reverse!

Then you know what, do not buy one. It is that simple! You people are constantly complaining about a phone that is not even out yet. You do not know the finale look of it or how it will fell in your hands. Yet there are countless threads about the size, the look, antenna bands, comparing it to phones already out. Give it up already!! Apple is not forcing anyone to buy there products. There are plenty of android powered phones to choose from. Take your pick. The next gen iPhone is almost here. Just wait a couple more weeks. Enough with these useless threads!!!

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
Then you know what, do not buy one. It is that simple! You people are constantly complaining about a phone that is not even out yet. You do not know the finale look of it or how it will fell in your hands. Yet there are countless threads about the size, the look, antenna bands, comparing it to phones already out. Give it up already!! Apple is not forcing anyone to buy there products. There are plenty of android powered phones to choose from. Take your pick. The next gen iPhone is almost here. Just wait a couple more weeks. Enough with these useless threads!!!

Or….

You could stop reading and posting on these threads, and your problem is solved.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012

Wouldn't you not reading rumors on a rumor site make more sense then you getting upset about rumors on a rumor site? :confused:

jlake02

macrumors 68020
Nov 2, 2008
L.A.

This is the **iPhone** forum of MacRUMORS. People are free to express their opinions on IPHONE RUMORS. If you don't like it, I'd suggest another forum quite frankly. :)

boomhower

macrumors 68000
Oct 21, 2011
Do to TouchID there is always going to be a pretty big bezel at the bottom. Likely putting one at the top for aesthetics. Until they can integrate into the screen itself it's not going to change.

ktex1968

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 16, 2010

Wow!!! What is your problem dude? If you dont like it, don't read it, it's a freaking discussion forum!!!!!!!

zipa

macrumors 65816
Feb 19, 2010
Wow!!! What is your problem dude? If you dont like it, don't read it, it's a freaking discussion forum!!!!!!!

Why do you assume there is a problem. You complain about about a phone, he tells you an easy and logical solution to your issue: don't buy it. Can't see a problem here.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.