iPhone 6 5.5" Dimensions

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ktex1968, Aug 22, 2014.

1. ktex1968 macrumors member

According to the Macrumors article the 6L will be 158 mm long and 78 mm wide with a 5.5" screen. The Galaxy Note 3 has a larger screen- 5.7" but the dimensions are smaller- 151.2 x 79.2. I guess it will be another bezely, tall skinny phone. :(

2. nostresshere macrumors 68030

There are a few hundred messages about the rumored size.

What is the question?

3. jrswizzle macrumors 603

jrswizzle

Yup 6.8 mm taller and 1.2 mm skinnier. What an abomination! :rolleyes:

For reference sake, the 5S is 7.6 mm thick.

It's really not that much....neither is .2" (5.08 mm) of display size.

4. ktex1968 thread starter macrumors member

Not a question. Just saying bigger phone with smaller screen size sucks IMHO. I was hoping it would be somewhat smaller than the note since the screen is smaller and it's the reverse!

----------

Which would be fine if the screen was the same size.....:confused:

5. jrswizzle, Aug 22, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2014

jrswizzle macrumors 603

jrswizzle

From my previous post:

"It's really not that much....neither is .2" (5.08 mm) of display size."

Or in other words, the difference in display area is approximately 1.04" (iPhone Pro ~ 12.96", Note 3 ~ 14").

The fact that its a tad bit skinnier actually makes it easier to hold and use with one-hand.....I'm not sure why this is such a negative point (taller and skinnier)

6. 1080p macrumors 68020

1080p

No need to worry about such things. There is no 5.5" iPhone.

7. jrswizzle macrumors 603

jrswizzle

Lol - this has become a badge of honor for you huh? I mean....its kind of a no-lose scenario.

If it exists, you've already taken all the ribbing you'll take so no harm done.

If it doesn't exist, you'll be able to claim that you knew and stood by your claim even in the face of various rumors and criticisms.

You'll be wrong though.

8. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

I've been an iPhone user since it first came out.. but I'm also growing tired of the bezels. Seems like too much space is wasted all around the screen, especially the top and bottom.. dunno, just growing tired of it.

9. MacKai macrumors regular

MacKai

Then you know what, do not buy one. It is that simple! You people are constantly complaining about a phone that is not even out yet. You do not know the finale look of it or how it will fell in your hands. Yet there are countless threads about the size, the look, antenna bands, comparing it to phones already out. Give it up already!! Apple is not forcing anyone to buy there products. There are plenty of android powered phones to choose from. Take your pick. The next gen iPhone is almost here. Just wait a couple more weeks. Enough with these useless threads!!!

10. ZipZap macrumors 601

Or….

You could stop reading and posting on these threads, and your problem is solved.

11. cynics macrumors G4

Wouldn't you not reading rumors on a rumor site make more sense then you getting upset about rumors on a rumor site? :confused:

12. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

This is the **iPhone** forum of MacRUMORS. People are free to express their opinions on IPHONE RUMORS. If you don't like it, I'd suggest another forum quite frankly. :)

13. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

Do to TouchID there is always going to be a pretty big bezel at the bottom. Likely putting one at the top for aesthetics. Until they can integrate into the screen itself it's not going to change.

14. ktex1968 thread starter macrumors member

Wow!!! What is your problem dude? If you dont like it, don't read it, it's a freaking discussion forum!!!!!!!

15. nostresshere macrumors 68030

The rumor I heard is that it will be 4" by 7".

There is a rumor for you.

16. zipa macrumors 65816

Why do you assume there is a problem. You complain about about a phone, he tells you an easy and logical solution to your issue: don't buy it. Can't see a problem here.

17. ron7624 Contributor

ron7624

It doesn't matter. I want the 4.7. That is by far the best option. :p