iPhone 6/6+ Bluetooth radios

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Harvey Specter, Sep 20, 2014.

1. Harvey Specter, Sep 20, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2014

Harvey Specter macrumors regular

Harvey Specter

It seems that compared to my 5S, my iPhone 6+ has a Bluetooth range that is twice as short. I'm having more interference than usual whenever I move around connected to my Bluetooth speaker. I reconnected and stood three feet away from the speaker, still with major interference. Anybody else running into Bluetooth connectivity issues with the new phones?

Apart from that, discovering Bluetooth and wifi networks takes much longer than usual as well.

2. davekarn macrumors 6502

Nope not here. I tested it last night and today in my 2014 Grand Cherokee and everything was smooth.

3. jekjones1558, Sep 21, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2014

jekjones1558 macrumors 6502

I can't get my Jabra Solemate Mini to connect to my iPhone 6 despite multiple tries. Bluetooth seems to be a weakness in this phone. There are multiple threads with problems.

Finally got my speaker to connect. Took about 10 tries switching on and off.

4. SpyderBite macrumors 65816

SpyderBite

Wouldn't it be half as long or wide? I don't think twice as short makes sense.

5. Mike Reed macrumors regular

I have a 2014 Stingray and the Bluetooth on the 6+ has worked for me so far. One thing I did notice though was that it seems to take a few seconds longer to register my phone as connected than my 5S when I start the car up.