iPhone 6/6+ External Battery Packs - What are you using?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Reminisce32, Sep 25, 2014.

1. Reminisce32 macrumors regular

Reminisce32

I saw the New Trent iCarrier 12000mAh External Battery Pack for $20 with free shipping (New Customers) on slick deals today, but I just think it's too big and bulky. I know Anker has some smaller ones. I want something that will fit in my pocket easily.

Any recommendations?

2. Big Dawg 23 macrumors regular

I have always bought one for my previous iPhones but not sure I will on my 6 plus. I get the all day I needed. However, since I will have it a case, I may get one from Mophie when it launches,

3. 3rdiguy macrumors 6502a

3rdiguy

4. boltjames macrumors 68040

boltjames

My iPhone 6 is getting such great battery life I don't think I'm going to need a new external battery to replace my iPhone 5 Mophie Juice Pack, can make it through a whole day and a half on the internal supply.

BJ

5. bhags8 macrumors 6502a

I have used the Jackery for awhile and now use the Limefuel 15600mah

I like Limefuel the best because it was started on Kickstarter and I think they are made in USA.

They also have a good website instead of the some forum brand that you have no idea what you are getting.

limefuel.com

6. Supermallet macrumors 65816

Supermallet

I highly recommend Anker. They're reliable batteries and Anker doesn't fudge its numbers like some of these companies do.

7. tmthyl macrumors newbie

8. bhags8 macrumors 6502a

Screw Anker. Made in China and they are the android of battery packs. Bigger Mah but not as good as performance. Anker and other companies get their batteries made and then slap a label on them. Check out limefuel

9. Supermallet macrumors 65816

Supermallet

Well crap, I just looked at the Wirecutter and they said they found strange fluctuations in the output of the Anker Astro. They recommended the IntroCircuit Power Castle.

10. marine0816 macrumors 6502a

marine0816

jackery giant. getting like 1% per minute of fast charging

11. darknyt macrumors 6502a

New Trent sells several variations of shape, size, and capacity.

I have six of them if that tells you how much I like them and rely on them. We spread them around family members and vehicles to ensure we always have one when needed. I always take two or three on my international trips. Gets me 4-5 charges on my 5S.

12. michikade macrumors regular

michikade

I have a jackery that I bought for my 5 that I'll keep charged and in my bag for just in case days, but I don't foresee needing a charging case.