iPhone 6 & 6 Plus 128GB & Gold no longer available

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AppleFan91, Sep 9, 2015.

1. AppleFan91 macrumors 65816

AppleFan91

It appears that not only is Apple removing the 128GB option but also the Gold color option on the 6 and 6+ for some reason.

Screen Shot 2015-09-09 at 4.51.45 PM.png

2. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

Gold is only available on new iPhone devices. No longer available on older devices.

3. Decimotox macrumors 6502a

Noticed this as well. Was going to upgrade to a 6+ 128 GB today after being none too impressed with the S-release. Depressing.

4. cnotes2019 Suspended

5. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

Why would you upgrade to the 6+ now when the 6S+ is coming out that is a lot better than the previous model?? Did anyone but me watch the keynote and take in all the newness? Seriously.

6. Decimotox macrumors 6502a

For the reason stated in my post. I wasn't too impressed, so I figure I could get the 6+ for a year and then upgrade to the 7 when it comes out. I usually upgrade every year because the features upgraded would affect my usage habits, but 3D touch and the new processor and better touch ID don't sway me enough to get the 6s or 6s+. I could hold out with the A8 and 2nd gen touch ID (at least the 6's touch ID) for another year until the 7.

I like the design changes anyway. I almost didn't go from 5 to 5s, but the touch ID swayed me. I like that feature, especially after previously owning a Motorola Atrix which had the bio-sensor. Loved that feature, but the Atrix sucked at the application of it (having to swipe your finger...it was annoying).

I totally get where you're coming from - I'm a yearly upgrader, as I said. But this year's S-cycle didn't really get it done for me.

7. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

Probably such a small amount of customers would purchase the 128GB model of last year's iPhone that Apple figured they'd just go with the latest and it's no longer worth producing.

8. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

They always drop the higher storage options for the old models. That way if you want more storage they can force you to upgrade to the newest model.

9. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Ahem. Me.

Four months ago. ;)

10. DigitalPharmcst macrumors member

DigitalPharmcst

If you go to the actual stores, they may still have the 128gb in stock. When the 5S was announced, I RAN to AT&T and got a 64gb iPhone 5 for $100 off. They had a few left in stock so if you want to find one start looking NOW.