iPhone 6/6 Plus Holster Cases

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by rfs2005, Sep 13, 2014.

1. rfs2005 macrumors member

Yes, I'm one of "those people". I carry my phone in a belt holster. I've always purchased the Otterbox Defender. I no longer work in an environment that calls for that level of protection, so I'm looking to see what else is out there. I definitely still want some type of belt holster. I'd even consider a slim case that still covers the top and bottom of the phone, and buy a belt pouch separately.

Any ideas? I pre-ordered a 64GB 6 Plus.

Thanks.

2. kingalien macrumors regular

kingalien

3. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

If I did a belt clip it'd bd the seidio spring clip. Just a clip for the naked phone.

4. pocketdoc macrumors 6502a

I also like Seidio holsters. The only concern I had with them was the holster for the naked iPhone 5S was a little stiff and I was worried the top flip up part would damage the phone.

The larger ones designed for cases will often accommodate other cases, which is nice.

Easy to get your phone in an out. I am a physician and do not like carrying my phone in my pocket, so I also carry it on my hip. Lately I have been using leather cases.

Not sure what I will use with the 6 Plus

5. darkfiber macrumors 6502a

darkfiber

I am also a holster user (the leather hipcase type) and have been since I got a iPhone 3G back in 2008. I currently have my iPhone 5s in a Spigen Tough Armor case and I have a marblue C.E.O. Prestige holster case for it. I am hoping for something similar for my iPhone 6 Plus that will also have a Spigen Tough Armor Case. The iPhone 5s is fine in a holster, I just wonder how the iPhone 6 Plus is going to be in one.

This is the kind I use with my iPhone 5s currently...

http://www.gomarblue.com/universal-C-E-O-Prestige?sc=44&category=143084

6. rsday75 macrumors newbie

7. mookgiants macrumors member

they have the PT branded seidio cases at best buy with the holster, 34.99, I saw silver, black, and blue when i went tonight, they said they just got them

8. techn9ne macrumors member

Another member posted asking a similar question here are my suggestions id like to hear your review as im interested in getting one myself.
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1781015

9. darkfiber macrumors 6502a

darkfiber

I got an email from MarBlue (formerly Marware) that said that they have iPhone 6 and 6 Plus hip cases coming in 2 weeks. I have used their CEO Premiere type cases on all my previous iPhones going back to the 3G.

http://www.gomarblue.com/

10. RollTide1017 macrumors regular

I wonder if an iPhone 6 in a Spigen Tough Armor or Slim Armor will still fit in there holster? Keeping my fingers crossed.

11. AppleKing786 macrumors member

AppleKing786

Me too. But with the 6+, I thought a Holster would look rather ridiculous given the size. Would love to see pictures of people holstering this monster.

12. macher macrumors 65816

macher

13. darkfiber macrumors 6502a

darkfiber

It's hard to say. I have a CEO Premiere that came out when the iPhone 5 was launched that I bought really cheap from Amazon when I got my 5s (that has a Spigen Tough Armor case on it.) It fits but the flap doesn't close enough for the magnet to hold it closed. It's not a problem since the case holds the phone snug enough. But of course that doesn't mean their iPhone 6 Plus version will fit the same way unfortunately. What helps in their 5/5s version is that the slides use some sort of elastic that stretches to accommodate different thickness. Some cases use leather which obviously won't give as much. I have attached a photo that shows my iPhone 5s with a Spigen Tough Armor in their CEO Premiere case.

Attached Files:

14. rsday75 macrumors newbie

I don't know. Never done the clip. I buy the X shaped belt loop. You can wear vertical or horizontal. I don't do the clip because I fear it could come off your belt unnoticed. However, I do see their clip is really beefy and should hold well. I have no idea if it swivels.

15. ARH1956 macrumors 6502

Go to an AT&T store and look at the Pelican Voyager. It is exclusive to AT&T. I always use an Otterbox but this case seems to offer similar drop protection while being much slimmer.

16. b1scu1t macrumors regular

17. macher macrumors 65816

macher

The Pelican to me is cheep looking.

18. ARH1956 macrumors 6502

Ok, the OP was seeking holster cases. Any of the holster cases will look cheaper than a naked iPhone.

19. macher macrumors 65816

macher

Not every holster case looks cheap.

20. edlex macrumors 68000

edlex

I just received the Seidio Surface case combo with the holster and it so happens the holster also fits the 6+ with the Apple leather case on as well. I've been carrying it this way and it works perfectly. So for those of you that already have the Apple leather case (or silicone as well I assume) you can just buy the surface holster from Seidio.

21. oopsmark macrumors newbie

22. beej69 macrumors member

23. Brown Trout macrumors member

24. AE14 macrumors 65816

I have used both Pelicans and am currently using a defender. The voyager is not too much thinner and has a far cheaper plastic feel. I am one of the most picky with my cases and I absolutely love my defender for my 6 plus.

25. bhags8 macrumors 6502a

Just get the Amzer crusta and call it a day. Best looking rugged case out there and it has a holster.