iPhone 6 / 6 Plus Return Thread

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by booksbooks, Sep 24, 2014.

1. booksbooks macrumors 6502

Please provide a bulleted list of reasons for why you returned/are returning your device and what your replacement device is/will be. Keep your posts on point as a list and terse.

I'm particularly interested in seeing how many people return the iPhone 6 Plus and opt for an Android device like the Moto X, LG G3, Samsung Note 4, or some other premium Android device. I'm sitting on the fence whether to return my 6 Plus and get the Moto X along with the Moto 360. I'm an Apple guy but I'm disappointed in this big honking, bendable thing with blown up Apps, lack of 4K video, crappy sound on phone calls, buggy, slow and choppy at times, low PPI compared to other phones, etc.

Can we make this thread a sticky...

2. studIOS5 macrumors 6502a

studIOS5

Just did this today. I returned my 6 plus for a number of reasons. In no way does this mean I think or thought the 6 plus was a bad phone. Here are a few of those reasons

-The size, while I was getting used to it is a little intimidating, and I'm 6' 4" 215 pounds.

-I had planned to put my 6 plus in my pockets like EVERY OTHER PHONE I've ever had, but everything from the discomfort to the reports of bending in pants like suit pants scared me away from even doing that. This is a major problem for times like in the summer when you're walking around in shorts and a t-shirt. If you don't have cargo pockets where is the phone supposed to go?

-I had dust (albeit a very very small spec) under the screen that I know wasn't a big deal but it bugged the crap out of me from the second I saw it.

-My girlfriend got the regular 6 and I enjoy how compact it feels while maintaing a decently large screen. (Her battery has been VERY impressive btw, Verizon model)

-I ordered a white 6 plus and after seeing the space grey in the store i liked it better (especially with (product) red leather case I plan to use)

I know I'll be happier with the 6 and I commend apple for having the smoothest possible return process I've ever dealt with. The gave me return labels to print at no cost and were very helpful on the phone with my questions about how long this process takes and how long (ball park figure) it would be before I can start my local search for an iPhone 6 due to upgrade availability reset and whatnot.

I hope everyone here finds the perfect fit for them :apple: