iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Screen Defects

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MrGimper, Sep 13, 2014.

1. MrGimper macrumors 601

MrGimper

Coz we know we will need this thread in about a week, right??

2. hrv888 macrumors 6502

Well I just realized today when I press on the top left part of my screen there it flexes or gives, whichever is the better term. It feels like it does not stick to the back part of the phone and makes a light clicking sound.
    Try pressing top part left or right of your screen. Am I the only one with this issue? iPhone 6.

3. SBruv macrumors 6502

No, you're not…

I'm now on my fourth iPhone 6 (dust, dead WiFi, etc), and all four of them have had this exact issue to varying degrees.

Squeezing the display at the edge, over the volume buttons, causes a tiny bit of movement back into the body of the phone. It's hard to see under regular viewing – you kind of need to look down the length of the phone, in bright light, so you can see the barely visible shadow of the screen moving.

And yes, the movement causes a light click. You need to hold it right up to your ear in a silent room to hear it, but it's definitely there.

Just a result of the manufacturing process, I guess, since it's clearly a 'thing' with every iPhone 6, to a greater or lesser extent.

I certainly wouldn't return the phone for it, unless you're prepared to be equally disappointed with the replacement.