iPhone 6/6 Plus Shortage [Hong Kong]

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by brandonwelch11, Dec 13, 2014.

1. brandonwelch11 macrumors newbie

brandonwelch11

So I've been trying to reserve my iPhone 6 unlocked for a couple of weeks now and still no good. In Hong Kong at the moment you can't order iPhone 6/6 Plus from Apple's online store.

Now interestingly enough, I went and did some research and found that 95% of all countries selling iPhone 6's have a 1-5 business day shipment time, except 128GB iPhone 6's in the USA where it will take 7-10 business days.

My BIG question is... How come Apple can ship a iPhone 6 to China in 3-5 business days but offer no shipping at all to Hong Kong yet they border each other?

Instead they leave you to reserve a iPhone 6 online to go and pickup at a Apple Retail Store. The stock is so unbelievably limited that its pretty much a race to get your hands on one.

Why is the stock so limited if Hong Kong borders Shenzhen which is where most of the iPhones are assembled?

Population in Pennsylvania [My hometown] = 12.4 million [1-3 Business days for iPhone 6 Shipment]

Population in Hong Kong [Current city] = 7.2 million [No shipping offered. Must reserve online for pickup. WTF]

Attached Files:

2. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I imagine they don't ship because of the scalping issue. It sucks to be in that spot. I couldn't get mine shipped either due to the sort of plan I had to be on. When I ordered, out of contract wasn't an option exce[t when purchased in store.

3. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

you know you're comparing the population of 46,056 sq mi of penn, to 426 sq mi of hong kong.

its based off demand.

4. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

"Why is the stock so limited if Hong Kong borders Shenzhen which is where most of the iPhones are assembled?"

Your location does not give any advantage for availability.