iPhone 6 & 6+ Random Loss of Screen Touch Response

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mbman81, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Mbman81 macrumors member

Hi all,

I'm surprised that I have not seen much talk about this here as my inquiries based on a couple people seem to indicate this may be somewhat common.

I notice that on occasion the screen will not accept certain touch inputs. The most common one I notice is trying to swipe up the camera up from the lock screen, but not responding. Left/right swipe to unlock works, but up swipe to open camera (or even swipe up from bottom for setting bar) does not respond. It has also done it to me trying to pull down the today screen. I was on verge of going in for exchange until two people from work had also mentioned that it happened to them.

Only notice like once every 1-2 days, usually after not using the phone for extended periods of time.

Is this something other folks here are noticing? If so, have you figured out how to make it happen?

Thanks!

2. Mbman81 thread starter macrumors member

Seems legit.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6542262?tstart=0

The reset all settings did not fix for me tho, all it did was delete my iCloud files :(

3. darkredcaffeine macrumors member

I've not noticed all the things you mention, but I have had trouble swiping up the camera and/or control centre from the lock screen. It's a software issue because it works after unlocking and locking my phone again.

If you're experiencing the same thing, I don't think exchanging is going to get you anywhere.