iPhone 6, 6+ Reception Strength

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BlockEight88, Sep 15, 2014.

1. BlockEight88 macrumors regular

We all know the 5S was lousy with its antenna performance compared to major competitors. Those on using the 5S on T-Mobile could especially comment here, as the phone will switch back and fourth from E to 4G to LTE in good coverage areas, while Samsung and HTC devices do not.

Since the iPhone 6 and 6+ are larger, do you guys think the antenna system will be better?

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Did we all know this? no one told me.

What's the point of guessing?
    Reception is an issue based on location, network and signal strength, results will vary.

3. tgi macrumors 65816

tgi

Didn't get that memo either. Never had any reception issues with my 5S.

4. Paulshaqz macrumors 6502a

one can only hope and just have to wait and see when you get the phone.

5. ABC5S Suspended

ABC5S

No one told me either. My 5S never had an issue. I want my money back

PS: OP, no one knows about how to answer your second question when the darn thing isn't even out yet and no reviews out either.

6. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

I dunno about the 5S, but the 5C is the first smartphone I've ever been able to get anything off a tower in my house. I can't make a call but if I go upstairs and hold the phone up to the window, I get one or two bars long enough to pick up email (but not text messages). I was impressed. Not something I'd usually bother with but worth gold when my landline's not working or the power is out.

7. Frasern1 macrumors 6502a

I had fantastic reception with my 5S, usually better then people I know with Android phones.

Example: The ranges on post are way to the south and there isn't much around, you know so we don't blow up or shoot anything important, I could consistently get some sort of signal, if not LTE, when everyone else couldn't get any.

8. AutoUnion39 macrumors 601

AutoUnion39

How do we know this exactly?

My 5S has better RF performance to my GS4/GN3/HTC One (I'm on AT&T)

The 5S holds its LTE connection far longer than my various Android devices.

I think your major issue here is that you're on T-Mobile and their spotty network.

9. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

...and hardware!

----------

The signal strength on my iPhone 5 has been lousy since day one. The iPhone 4 before it was MUCH better. Same network, same home address, same work address and same social patterns. This points 100% to hardware and the phone itself. As for competitors' phones having worse signal strength, this is simply not true. My partner's HTC One M8 has stunning reception strength compared to her old 5S and my i5.

10. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

With those ugly lines on the back it BETTER have great reception.. just saying..

11. MattMJB0188 macrumors 68000

MattMJB0188

I have so so reception on the 5S. IMO, nothing beats the iPhone 4S on reception. That was the best phone for reception. Don't listen to the know-it-alls on here. Most of them reside in barns (if you get what I mean lol). The 6 can definitely improve on reception in all aspects.

12. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

Who is this "we all"? I didn't get the invite. Was there beer and chips?

13. eoblaed macrumors 68000

eoblaed

Uh, what?

Not been my experience at all. Also, I've never heard or seen anything significant that corroborates this.

14. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

Seriously? The last place I worked, I was one of the only people who could even get a signal in my office.

15. zemaker macrumors regular

I'm curious to see too, the iPhone 5 and 5S had real bad reception compared to other smartphones. For instance at my house, I have an iPhone 5 and while I usually have 1-2 bars, my friends with other smartphones usually have full bars.

16. Sketchr macrumors 6502a

17. ELPresidente720 macrumors 6502

It's almost entirely what this forum is about until Delivery Day.

18. PM-Performance macrumors 6502

19. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

News to me!

20. RollTideFanGrl macrumors regular

RollTideFanGrl

I have great reception with my iphone5s. Now my hubby who is on the same network can be in the same room with me and can't get great coverage with Samsung Galaxy 4.

21. dashagen macrumors newbie

My Nexus 5 begs to differ. Both phones on T-Mobile...Nexus 5 can't hold a signal inside the house while 5s maintains 3 dots of LTE.