iPhone 6/6+ Users; Anyone Still Using iPod Touches?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Pagandeva2000, Oct 4, 2014.

1. Pagandeva2000 macrumors member

Pagandeva2000

I am thrilled with my 128gb Plus. I thought I'd be placing my 64gb Touch 5th generation to an early grave, but, no, I still use it.

At night, it charges on my ihome docking station playing ambient noise for sleep. I downloaded crossword puzzles on my plus because the real estate allows me to use them freely without straining my eyes. But, sometimes when I need to look up hints for my crosswords or look into the thesaurus without leaving the app, or while looking at a documentary I might want to read a bit about the subject on Wikipedia. While watching programs, I might want to respond to a text of facebook notification.

I feel, well, I paid for it. I'm going to find use for it. My Touch doesn't leave the house since the plus came in, but, it still rocks.

2. 53kyle macrumors 65816

53kyle

Yeah, I am using it for really long time lapses when I will still want to use my phone. Also, I will use it for iOS betas for as long as there are new updates compatible with it (not long, unfortunately) so that my primary device doesn't get ruined by a bug. Finally, I will still use it for music when I am running so I don't worry about accidentally dropping (or throwing) my $750 phone.

3. penfan82 macrumors regular

4. CanadaRicher macrumors newbie

Yes. My iPod Touch, loaded with music and some music apps like Spotify, Songza and Slacker Radio sits permantly in my Peachtree iDecco dock. Now that I have a 128 GB 6 I can take all my music with me but still leave most of it to play on the stereo without having to sideline my phone. It's a great setup.

5. SteveLobs macrumors member

SteveLobs

I never understood how people can use their phone for music. I like listening to my music without interruptions. With the games, Twitter, messages, phone calls and basically any other alert there is just gets annoying to me.

6. albertfallickwa macrumors 6502a

albertfallickwa

Yep and I hope to pick up two more iPod touches. I love it because I don't get interrupted by calls on my Touch while hearing my music.

7. newellj macrumors 601

I do. Good way to ensure maximum battery life on the phone.

8. Sumter macrumors regular

Sumter

iPod Touch was basically my fake iPhone until I got a real one. After that, I still used it sometimes, but barely. Eventually I dropped it on concrete at some point and it cracked, so I just gave it to a friend for free as it was still working. Even if I had one now, I probably wouldn't use it.

9. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

I use my 1st Generation iPod Touch just for listening to music while I commute.

Leaves my iPhone 6 Plus free to browse and no drain on battery listening to tunes. That's my choice anyway.

10. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

I have never owned an iPod touch. I do still have my 30 GB iPod Video that I have compressed versions of most of my music library on. I use it when I travel on a plane or long drives so my iPhone can be used for other projects and not drain battery. This was when I used my iPhone 5 as my main business phone and needed to constantly keep my phone charged.

With the advent of my iPhone 6 Plus, I've kept my iPod in a drawer at work as I no longer need to worry about battery life and I constantly use iTunes Match for my music now.