iPhone 6/6+ Users! Do you plan to Jailbreak/Panju your phone/phablet?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Starfyre, Nov 8, 2014.

?

Do you plan to panju/jailbreak your iPhone 6/6+?

1. I already have jailbroken with Panju.

19 vote(s)
    44.2%
  2. I will jailbreak.

4 vote(s)
    9.3%
  3. I choose not to jailbreak.

20 vote(s)
    46.5%
  1. Starfyre macrumors 68030

Starfyre

I read a news article about a jailbroken app allowing iPhone 6 to have icon rotation when in landscape mode like the 6+ that sounds nifty. Not sure how it impacts battery life if you do or if there are adverse effects. iOS 8.1.1 is going to be plugging up the exploit once released.

Have you or do you plan to jailbreak your iPhone 6 or 6+?

2. dcharleyultra macrumors 6502

My 6+ is jailbreaked. I have not jailbreaked my Air 2 yet because some of my apps detect the jailbreak and there's currently no detection tweak yet.

(My 5s is still on 7.1.2, and jailbreaked.)

3. leopardhead2021 macrumors 6502

Sbflip but it doesn't play nice with tweaks like infinidock and it doesn't allow apps to open in landscape mode on the 6 unless im doing something wrong.

4. hamiltonDSi macrumors 68000

hamiltonDSi

5. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

How does jail breaking affect the security of Touch ID and apple pay?

6. scapegoat81 macrumors 6502a

scapegoat81

I usually jailbreak my devices but I JB my iPad rMini yesterday & was messing around with XBMC, & it got stuck on the Apple boot up screen. It wouldn't let me turn off & I even did a hard reset & got nothing. Had to plug into iTunes to Restore. Prob staying away from this JB as Apple has incorporated most of the tweaks I use anyway

7. TechiEmmanuel macrumors regular

TechiEmmanuel

I have my iPad Air and iPhone 6 jailbroken, and most tweaks seem to work for me.

----------

There's a tweak in beta called Rotate+ that's free and works really well! Get it from this repo: cydia.myrepospace.com/PwnTweaks.

8. dokindo macrumors regular

Use Upscale to "improve" resolution and rotate.
    Works great on 6. See jb forum

9. themyst macrumors 6502

Yes there is, try Flex 2 with a patch.

10. bushido Suspended

bushido

I jailbroke it for activator to add home screen and multitasking gestures. I hate pressing the home button so much.

I tried the upscale thing but I realized I never use my phone landscape so I had no need for the 6+ view on my 6

11. CEmajr macrumors 601

No. Seems like Apple has incorporated most of the tweaks I used to use back in the day when I jailbroke my iPhones.

12. Tsuchiya macrumors 68020

Tsuchiya

Tempted if I could find a workaround that adds better 3rd party support.

Not being able to instantly share to WhatsApp is a bit annoying after using Android for two years.

13. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

I jail broke my 6+ for Activator and iFile. They are must-haves in my opinion.

14. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

I've had iFile for years, but Filza is a worthy competitor. I bought it and use it almost exclusively now.

15. dcharleyultra macrumors 6502

iPhone 6/6+ Users! Do you plan to Jailbreak/Panju your phone/phablet?

I haven't found a patch that works for TiVo.

ts protector works on my 5s, but ts protector hasn't been updated for iOS 8.

16. 100 macrumors member

17. Americasteam macrumors regular

I don't think I'm going to. Not seeing much need.

18. miss.manson macrumors 6502a

miss.manson

My 6+ is jail broken I like that i can make the Touch ID more useful with certain tweaks.

19. jbkonis macrumors newbie

I began jailbreaking my iPhone back with the iPhone 1 all the way through iOS 6.

At this point, in my opinion, there's nothing that Apple hasn't addressed that would persuade me to jailbreak. I don't care what anyone says, but once you jailbreak, it's "not the same".

I don't feel that I'm missing any feature, so I have no need to jeopardize the controlled integrity of the platform (which in my opinion is it's main selling point).

20. OutSpoken macrumors 6502a

I jailbroke my 6 yesterday, mainly for iFile.

I was finally able to access the root file to delete some annoying webclips that kept returning to my springboard as bookmarks whenever I resprung my phone! and deleting the icons never worked. They were obviously stored in my backups.

The other alternative was to restore my phone as new and load back on all my apps and data manually, but then Id lose my email/message history:(

With iFile I was able to avoid that:)

But as many have said, it is true that there arent many reasons for me to JB my phone these days but simple things like the example above makes me realise the usefulness in jailbreaking.

I doubt Id bog my phone down with loads of tweaks and themes, tbh I never did in the first place but I'm definitely less adventurous...;)

21. LaynieGorilla macrumors 6502

I jailbroke to change font and landscaped/split screen capability. Primarily for the latter. There is nothing that excites me to the point where it warrants a jailbreak. In fact if I like landscape mode as much as I thought of like, I might reevaluate the idea of buying a six plus and selling my six lol

22. acm1108 macrumors regular

I jailbroke for the simple fact that I could. If theres a tweak or setting I want in the future I know I'll have access to use it. So far the only tweaks that interests me in having the notification bar minimized (TinyBar), and 5 columns for my icons.

Now that iOS has advanced and picked up some of my old Jailbreak tweaks I use to crave, it's not as important to me. But that's what keeps the community going, because there are always fixes and tweaks to do.