iPhone 6/6+ Users: Do you use Apple Pay?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by moonman239, Nov 1, 2014.

?

Do you use Apple Pay?

Poll closed Nov 6, 2014.
  1. No, primarily because I don't have the right credit card.

6 vote(s)
    17.6%
  2. No, primarily because the stores I go to don't support Apple Pay.

3 vote(s)
    8.8%
  3. No, primarily because I don't want to.

2 vote(s)
    5.9%
  4. Yes.

23 vote(s)
    67.6%
  1. moonman239 macrumors 68000

2. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

I don't go out of my way to use Apple Pay, but will do so if the stores support it. So far, I've used it officially at Petco and unofficially at Home Depot.

3. frenchcamp49er macrumors member

I've used it at Wal-Greens, McDonalds and a vending machine, didn't work at Home Depot, card was rejected.

4. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Reports indicate that Amex but not Visa/Mastercard works. Can depend on the locations though. This is not surprising as it's only unofficially supported.

5. markthrash macrumors 6502

markthrash

Just used it for the first time last night at Walgreen's. Worked smoothly. Hopefully it starts picking up soon.

6. fiveainone macrumors 6502a

7. foodle macrumors 6502

Used it three times today (Whole Foods, Walgreens, Panera).

Worked every time without any problems. :)

8. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

I've used when it is available, but not whole hog wild because my bank rolls out support on Friday.

I'm also not often in places that offer it a lot, but I will be using it when I can. But despite what my kids hope - i'm not making random trips to McDs just because!

I"m most excited about it rolling out at Disney. We have APs and it will be nice to travel with my ID and pass holder discount card and phone. I don't shop/buy a lot in the parks - so being able to grab a snack on the fly will be nice.

9. perezr10 macrumors 6502a

I'd really like to for the security aspect but my bank doesn't support it yet.

10. that be me macrumors 6502

I'd like to, but it's not technically available in my country; at least not without an American credit card.

11. SpasticPat macrumors 6502

SpasticPat

I would but when I try to add my card, which is a debit card not credit card, it says "Your Issuer does not yet offer support for this card." What does that mean? My bank doesn't support its card?

12. tigress666 macrumors 68040

I've used it but only to be able to use it (I had to go out of my way, basically ate at McD's a few times).

Unfortunately I don't shop many places and none of them are places that support Apple Pay/NFC (McD's sadly is the place I go the most that has NFC).

Hell, the company I work for's competitor outright supports Apple Pay/NFC and we don't (happily we also aren't one of CurrentC's supporters either though). And I don't know if we will anytime soon. We have the pads that support the pin cards but that part doesn't work (In fact every now and then I catch a customer trying to use it and have to tell them they have to slide the card, that the slot doesn't do anything). But the pin pads still don't even have the capability of supporting NFC so I doubt my job will be updating them soon as they won't need to next year (they can just turn on support for the card slot that doesn't work right now). And they will stay on tech for a while. I had a job at it in 1994 and when I got rehired post 2000 they were still using the same computers for the cash registers. I think we only got updated ones a few years back.

We just got ipads this year and I was shocked they actually did.

13. penajmz macrumors 68040

penajmz

Yes I use it. Mostly Walgreens but also at McDonald's and Subway.

14. ELPresidente720 macrumors 6502

Every chance I get I use it. It's convenient, secure, and I'm a damn fanboy.

15. fenskezen macrumors regular

Yes! My local Whole Foods is having a contest. The cashier with the most Apple pay transactions gets a free iPhone. I have been helping my favorite cashier out.