iPhone 6/6s users how's your power button?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rockitdog, May 26, 2016.

1. rockitdog macrumors 68020

As I dart in and out of phones I've come to notice there's varying degrees of power buttons on the iPhones. I know they are within Apple's specs but I hate the power buttons that are almost flush with the device. I like mine to stand a bit taller versus having to feel like I am pushing the side of my device in. Does this happen over time? Does anyone have an older device with power button that sticks out more?

2. willmtaylor Suspended

willmtaylor

I'm not sure how to quantify the degree power button protrusion, but I've never noticed mine being any different than anyone else's, I suppose. My phone is in a case now, though, so I don't noticed the power button at all.

3. rockitdog thread starter macrumors 68020

I flip flop so much I notice things like this.
    I flip flop devices so much I notice things like this. My wife's 6s power button was almost flush with the device from the minute she opened the box. She was ok with it but it would drive me nuts.

4. willmtaylor Suspended

willmtaylor

I have heard that power buttons can vary greatly from wife to wife.

5. ATC macrumors 6502a

I've noticed the same on my 6. The power button is recessed about a third to a half more than the volume buttons.

The only times I notice it is when I'm training and use my Shure IEMs that don't have in-line volume controls, I adjust volume by feel while phone's in the pocket. The volume buttons are easily felt, not the power button though as it's almost flush.

6. sunapple macrumors 6502a

sunapple

7. HEK macrumors 68030

HEK