iphone 6 actin flaky

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by XrayTed, Nov 13, 2014.

1. XrayTed macrumors regular

XrayTed

Out of the blue, when I press the wakeup button or whatever its called, there is a pronounced delay before it lights up, from 2 to 5 seconds. Usually instant, as I tend to press it often to check the time.
    So this started today for no apparent reason [not dropped, jostled, changed settings ect] ,,, Anything in settings that could cause this delay, and what exactly is the warranty on these phones ?
    Not exactly a killer problem but I'm worried this may be the start of something bad.

2. Salukipilot4590 macrumors 6502

Salukipilot4590

I have this problem with my home button, sometimes it takes 4-5 seconds, sometimes I need to press it twice.

3. XrayTed thread starter macrumors regular

XrayTed

Ok, does anyone know the typical warranty on these things, this is bugging me more and more and would like it replaced with one that works correctly.

4. wxman2003 Suspended

Have you tried rebooting phone? Sometimes processes can hang and cause issues. I usually reboot mine once every week or two.

5. XrayTed thread starter macrumors regular

XrayTed

You're a genius wx, never thought to do that and it seemed to have cleared the problem up thanks.
    Probably would have been the 1st thing they would have tried if I had taken it in.

[Now that I'm playin with it a bit as we speak its flaky in the opposite way, it seems to go straight to the passcode screen unless I take my finger/thumb off it in a flash]

6. Tobias Funke macrumors 6502a

Tobias Funke

Take it into apple and tell them it's acting flaky.

Report back their response. :p

7. XrayTed thread starter macrumors regular

XrayTed

Well, it must have a warranty of some sort, I'll dig up my paperwork and see.