iPhone 6+ airplay woes

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pogoyoyo, Dec 6, 2014.

1. pogoyoyo macrumors regular

I'm not sure if this is my 3rd gen Apple tv or iPhone, but it's probably an iOS 8 issue.
    Airplay is a complete piece of donky crap... i mean were talking 2-3 seconds delay sometimes way more, audio cutting in and out, or just completely getting turned off...
    The worst is airplaying a song to my Apple tv and going in instagram and while scrolling and get to a video, the whole goddamn phone freezes for 10-30 seconds.
    It can't be my time capsule's wifi, OS X airplay is less painful. It's workable.

I just iOS 8 is a complete mess for people that actually use every feature. Absolute mess.

Anyone else with airplay woes in pretty much every iOS 8 release? I'm on 8.1.1.

2. jsalicru macrumors regular

Yes. Same issues described above. 6+ AirPlay is essentially useless on both 8.1 and 8.1.1. Not as bad on my iPad Air. Works perfectly on iPhone 5

3. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

on my 6 on 8.1 it mirrors perfectly, until I try and play a video I recorded with the camera, than it is very slow to load and buffers a lot

playing a video stored in the Videos app( a movie added with iTunes) plays fine

4. KeepCalmPeople macrumors 65816

KeepCalmPeople

Yup, it is very unreliable in my household. I can select the Apple TV from my phone easily enough, but getting items to play is buggy and inconsistent.

5. cynics macrumors G4

Menu + down on ATV remote until the light rapidly flashes. Lock + home button on iphone until you see an apple logo.

That will reset both. Might help.

Also power cycling your modem and router.

I've had good luck with Airplay even with iOS 8 on my Mac, 4S and 6. However I do get random stuttering/lag on occasion but it's still usable.

6. Liam Steven macrumors regular

Having the same issues. I'vr had to set my AppleTV to run 24 hours as waking it was impossible from the remote app.

7. pogoyoyo thread starter macrumors regular

So I officially think it's the software on the Apple TV, not so much iOS.
    Airplay just wouldn't work from both my iPhone and macbook pro. Restarting the apple tv worked to enable it again. Sucks that apple has dropped the ball on so many fronts... their software used to be top notch with little to no glitches.