iPhone 6 and 30pin car radio (Pioneer)

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by pjstrrns, Sep 24, 2014.

1. pjstrrns macrumors member

I have an old Pioneer AVIC car radio and just got my iphone 6. I was trying to figure out the best way to connect my phone to the car stereo. The lightning to 30pin is expensive and confusing on what it can and what it cant do.

I may just resort to using my old iphone as an ipod for the car.

Any suggestions?

2. venom600 macrumors 6502a

Which AVIC do you have and what functionality do you want to get? For basic iPod support the lightning to 30 pin adapter is your best choice. The iPhone will act just like an iPod and allow control, data, and audio. $40 for the cable isn't too bad in light of the phone costing at least $200.

3. fossen macrumors member

The Lightning-to-30Pin is your friend. I winced at the price when I had to do it, but considering how often I use that thing, it was a steal.

The $29.99 one will encounter problems with some cases. The $39.99 0.2m one runs into less issues, I have found.

4. romeo.xk macrumors 6502a

THIS was my solution, the only down side is that it does not show the name of what you are playing on the screen.

5. pjstrrns thread starter macrumors member

Its an old AVIC Z1. Looking for music with names and albums to find what is playing. Also looking for it to be plugged in so I can use the "Hey Siri" function while driving.

This is cool but would let me navigate with the dash and wouldn't give me the plugged in option without another cord.

6. zhenya macrumors 603

zhenya

The 30-pin adapter should do what you need.

The bluetooth adapter would as well - you just plug that into the 30-pin from your radio and tuck it away somewhere, then just use a cigarette adapter for charging only.